• C

From Terrence Vergauwen@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 16 15:41:48 2020
    On Monday, June 26, 2000 at 7:00:00 PM UTC+12, darrenls21 wrote:
    can anyone tell me where i can get hold of the 'C' compiler that runs on the Psion 3 Series?

Hi,

My name is Terrence Vergauwen, and I am looking for the Psion SIBO C SDK for Psion Series 3 Palmtops (an SDK based on the TopSpeed C compiler)

When I was 15 years old I got a Psion 3a Palmtop PDA for christmas.
    I used it every day, and after a few months and reading some books, I started developing programs for it in the included (but slow) OPL programming language.
    I made a really nice 2D drawing program, with zooming in/out, printer support etc...

I recently acquired a few old Psion 3a and 3mx PDAs cheaply off ebay,
    and as a hobby I'd like to start writing a new and much better version of my OPL drawing program.
    Since I'm a 42 year old software developer now with C/C++ experience, I really need to develop this hobby project in C rather than OPL for performance reasons.

I've started looking all over the internet and doing many google searches to try to find a copy of the "Psion SIBO C SDK software development kit for writing C applications on Psion Series 3 "SIBO" machines...
    But, i've not managed to find it, it seems to have dissapeared entirely from the world...

I noticed you asked the same question as me on a google forum a while ago, did you have any success in finding a copy ? if yes, could you provide it to me ?
    Or, if you have any other information about it, please let me know...

Therefore, I'd like to ask you if you could help me, maybe you have developed Series 3 apps in the past in C and still have a copy of the Psion SIBO C SDK around...
    If you could zip it up into an archive and send it to me, I will be eternally grateful. I'll happily pay you for your time via paypal.

Can you please reply to this email and let me know if there is anything you can do to get me the SDK,
    or at least, the C .h headers and .o objects for psion SIBO C development on the platform, although the whole SDK would be best.
    If you only have the topspeed C compiler (the C compiler that was part of the Psion SIBO C SDK), I could use that too, as I could try to find the Psion SIBO related headers and objects elsewhere (although i have not managed to find them and it seems they
    aren't out there anymore... :(

So, please, if you could help me, this is a very important hobby project for me,
    and I'd really appreciate it if you could help me get the SDK or parts of it...

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this message...

Terrence Vergauwen
    Tel: ++64/(0)21.287.26.00
    EMail: terrence.vergauwen@gmail.com

Yours sincerely,
    Terrence Vergauwen

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Simius Hugenot@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jan 20 12:42:19 2021
    Il giorno lunedì 26 giugno 2000 alle 09:00:00 UTC+2 darrenls21 ha scritto:
    can anyone tell me where i can get hold of the 'C' compiler that runs on the Psion 3 Series?

Hello Terrence,

Sure, I have the SIBO C SDK Compiler and the Topspeed Compiler.

Do you have a server which I can place the Zip files onto, as they are over 15Mb?

Regards
    SH

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)