• TIPI

From Beery@21:4/109 to All on Mon Apr 1 22:23:53 2019
    Just a FYI for anyone following this group that may not have seen what is happening over on Atariage.

Matt released the TIPI for the TI-99/4A almost a year ago. It's been well received with both a sidecar peripheral as well as an expansion card.

Sidecar requires the sidecar 32K. What the TIPI gives is the capability to function as a file storage system where files can be loaded from DSK1 through DSK3. It also opens the ability to use sockets, so one can use a Telnet client.

TIPI has a Telnet client, as well as I modified a 40 column TI-99/4A version
    of Mass Transfer with file transfer capability to be able to open a Telnet connection to a BBS. So, if you wanted to download files from a BBS to add
    to your TIPI, you could.

As of this past weekend, Matt resolved the PEBox version of the TIPI to be
    able to be used with the Geneve 9640. Existing TIPI/Geneve owners will need
    to have a CPLD chip on the TIPI to be reprogrammed. Greg McGill is receiving the small number of TIPI's sold to Geneve users for the reprogramming effort.

I've already demonstrated a basic telnet client that allows connecting to a
    BBS in a MDOS environment. With an XOP library that self installs into MDOS, it is possible one can open a Telnet client with as little as a single page
    of source code. I can probably have a fully functional client in as little
    as 20 lines of assembly code.

However, what I am in the process of doing is modifying MyTerm to add a host
    of other features like ANSI capability as well as file transfer capability
    with a phone directory, etc. Typical terminal emulator stuff.

Anyways, if you have not heard about the project, it is one of the most significant hardware packages to come out for TI users in perhaps a decade.

You should check it out.

Beery

--Beery Miller -- 9640 News BBS -- 9640news.ddns.net:9640 --

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A42 2019/02/01 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: 9640 News BBS (21:4/109)