• Newbie questions

From bkseeley@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Feb 8 05:40:39 2019
    Hello all,

I recently purchased a TI-99/4a (beige model) from ebay. I also bought a composite cable to hook the unit up to a multiple input monitor. The video is terrible and there are color bar distortions on the screen. Does anyone have any suggestions to improve
    the video, it becomes unreadable after time...like something inside may be loose? I am more familiar with Commodore machines, but wanted to try the TI out. Any suggestions / help will be greatly appreciated...

Regards,
    Brian

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From cb meeks@21:1/5 to bkse...@gmail.com on Tue Feb 12 06:03:31 2019
    On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 8:40:39 AM UTC-5, bkse...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello all,

I recently purchased a TI-99/4a (beige model) from ebay. I also bought a composite cable to hook the unit up to a multiple input monitor. The video is terrible and there are color bar distortions on the screen. Does anyone have any suggestions to
    improve the video, it becomes unreadable after time...like something inside may be loose? I am more familiar with Commodore machines, but wanted to try the TI out. Any suggestions / help will be greatly appreciated...

Regards,
    Brian

Could be some failing capacitors inside.

BTW...

A *MUCH* better place to discuss all things TI-99/4A related is the wonderful forums over at AtariAge.

http://atariage.com/forums/forum/164-ti-994a-computers/

Those guys are legendary when it comes to the TI.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bkseeley@gmail.com@21:1/5 to cb meeks on Tue Feb 12 08:21:56 2019
    On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 9:03:32 AM UTC-5, cb meeks wrote:
    On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 8:40:39 AM UTC-5, bkse...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello all,

I recently purchased a TI-99/4a (beige model) from ebay. I also bought a composite cable to hook the unit up to a multiple input monitor. The video is terrible and there are color bar distortions on the screen. Does anyone have any suggestions to
    improve the video, it becomes unreadable after time...like something inside may be loose? I am more familiar with Commodore machines, but wanted to try the TI out. Any suggestions / help will be greatly appreciated...

Regards,
    Brian

Could be some failing capacitors inside.

BTW...

A *MUCH* better place to discuss all things TI-99/4A related is the wonderful forums over at AtariAge.

http://atariage.com/forums/forum/164-ti-994a-computers/

Those guys are legendary when it comes to the TI.

Thank you for the heads up - will check it out...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05