• 9640 News BBS and Message Archives

From Beery Miller@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 12 08:14:29 2018
    Yesterday evening, I completed the task of uploading all the comp.sys.ti messages previously provided to my BBS along with the TI99 Listserv messages from the late 90's. There were like 15,000+ comp.sys.ti messages and 8,000+ TI99 listserv messages. I
    also have the Yahoogroup archives from the Geneve group as well as the TI-99/4A group on the BBS as well, captured for historical purposes.

These messages are in "JAM" format, so if anyone is wanting to host a BBS, it is very easy to zip the files up for each category, and be on your way. Myself, I use Mystic BBS which has both 32 and 64 bit Window versions, as well as a Linux version that
    can run on a Raspberry PI. Even if you are not wanting to run a BBS where users can call you, if you setup a system, you can run what they call a point from my system and I can forward the email traffic. This would give you active access to comp.sys.ti,
    various Retronet groups supporting the TI-99/4A and other orphans, the yahoogroup messages, etc.

If interested, let me know. My BBS can be reached via telnet at 9640news.ddns.net Port 9640. Or, you can go to http://9640news.ddns.net:8080/ with a web broswer and select the Telnet link there to access the BBS via a web browser. I also have links to
    both Heatwave and Fusion BBS's that can be accessed through the web browser as well.

Later.

Beery

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Kerr Avon@21:1/5 to Beery Miller on Wed Apr 10 21:35:09 2019
    On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 08:14:29 -0700, Beery Miller wrote:

Yesterday evening, I completed the task of uploading all the comp.sys.ti messages previously provided to my BBS along with the TI99 Listserv
    messages from the late 90's. There were like 15,000+ comp.sys.ti
    messages and 8,000+ TI99 listserv messages. I also have the Yahoogroup archives from the Geneve group as well as the TI-99/4A group on the BBS
    as well, captured for historical purposes.

These messages are in "JAM" format, so if anyone is wanting to host a
    BBS, it is very easy to zip the files up for each category, and be on
    your way. Myself, I use Mystic BBS which has both 32 and 64 bit Window versions, as well as a Linux version that can run on a Raspberry PI.
    Even if you are not wanting to run a BBS where users can call you, if
    you setup a system, you can run what they call a point from my system
    and I can forward the email traffic. This would give you active access
    to comp.sys.ti, various Retronet groups supporting the TI-99/4A and
    other orphans, the yahoogroup messages, etc.

If interested, let me know. My BBS can be reached via telnet at 9640news.ddns.net Port 9640. Or, you can go to http://9640news.ddns.net:8080/ with a web broswer and select the Telnet
    link there to access the BBS via a web browser. I also have links to
    both Heatwave and Fusion BBS's that can be accessed through the web
    browser as well.

Hi Berry

Just confirming you are getting this post and it's making it via the fsxNet gateway to you BBS?

Best, Avon.

--
    Agency News | news.bbs.nz

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Beery@21:4/109 to Kerr Avon on Wed Apr 10 14:40:07 2019
    Yes, I am getting this post. Things are navigating well.

Beery

--Beery Miller -- 9640 News BBS -- 9640news.ddns.net:9640 --

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A42 2019/02/01 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: 9640 News BBS (21:4/109)