• Mothballed CPC 464

From Matthew Phillips@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 7 16:43:16 2019
    I have a green screen Amstrad CPC 464 with all sorts of add-ons (3" and 3.5" drives, DKTronics 64K RAM pack, Multiface 2, Rombo ROM box, etc.) which has remained in packing boxes ever since we moved house in 2003.

I'd like to get it out and set it up again, and if possible retrieve stuff
    from old floppy discs and cassettes.

What are the chances of anything still working? Does anyone have any tips
    for things to check over or how to maximise the chances of getting it operational?

Or anywhere else I could go for this sort of guidance?

--
    Matthew Phillips
    Durham

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Gryzor@21:1/5 to Matthew Phillips on Mon Sep 9 02:25:28 2019
    If it was stored correctly, everything should work fine, with the exception of the 3" drive which will need a belt replacement for sure.

Do drop by cpcwiki.eu/forum, someone will certainly help you if anything goes wrong :)

On Saturday, September 7, 2019 at 6:39:52 PM UTC+3, Matthew Phillips wrote:
    I have a green screen Amstrad CPC 464 with all sorts of add-ons (3" and 3.5" drives, DKTronics 64K RAM pack, Multiface 2, Rombo ROM box, etc.) which has remained in packing boxes ever since we moved house in 2003.

I'd like to get it out and set it up again, and if possible retrieve stuff from old floppy discs and cassettes.

What are the chances of anything still working? Does anyone have any tips for things to check over or how to maximise the chances of getting it operational?

--
    Matthew Phillips
    Durham

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RocksNode9@21:1/5 to Gryzor on Sat Feb 1 02:35:55 2020
    On 2019-09-09 10:25, Gryzor wrote:
    If it was stored correctly, everything should work fine, with the exception of the 3" drive which will need a belt replacement for sure.

Do drop by cpcwiki.eu/forum, someone will certainly help you if anything goes wrong :)

On Saturday, September 7, 2019 at 6:39:52 PM UTC+3, Matthew Phillips wrote:
    I have a green screen Amstrad CPC 464 with all sorts of add-ons (3" and 3.5" >> drives, DKTronics 64K RAM pack, Multiface 2, Rombo ROM box, etc.) which has >> remained in packing boxes ever since we moved house in 2003.

I'd like to get it out and set it up again, and if possible retrieve stuff >> from old floppy discs and cassettes.

What are the chances of anything still working? Does anyone have any tips >> for things to check over or how to maximise the chances of getting it
    operational?

--
    Matthew Phillips
    Durham

fuck Alan M. Sugar the bastard.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gryzor@21:1/5 to All on Sat Feb 1 00:49:37 2020
    You sure you're on the right place mate?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05