• 'Script' Newsletter now available online

From Andrew Ferguson@21:1/5 to All on Sun Dec 18 05:37:41 2016
    I just thought I would let this group know that I have just finished uploading all of the issues of the 'Script' newsletter to the Internet Archive, where they are now available for anyone to view and download. It took about six months total to get these
    uploaded – I scanned them at 1200dpi in order to get the best quality, which not only took several hours per newsletter, but also resulted in around 200GB of files which needed to be uploaded.

The newsletters are available here: https://archive.org/details/locomotivesoftwarescriptnewsletter

If you are going to look at them, and don't need the top quality, I recommend that you use the online viewer rather than downloading the PDFs – because of the high quality it takes quite a few minutes to download and open.

The newsletters really do provide a fascinating insight into Locomotive Software during 1987 and 1991 (at least in my opinion). Also uploaded is a order form from November 87 which provides an interesting reference regarding pricing, etc.

If you have any feedback or questions, just reply to this thread. Also, if you find a mistake in one of the uploads, let me know as well (I checked through them, but no doubt I missed something).

A huge thanks must go to Steve Denson (SD Microsystems) for giving me permission to upload these.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jacob Nevins@21:1/5 to Andrew Ferguson on Thu Dec 22 11:28:16 2016
    Andrew Ferguson <andrewferguson500@gmail.com> writes:
    I just thought I would let this group know that I have just finished >uploading all of the issues of the 'Script' newsletter to the Internet >Archive, where they are now available for anyone to view and download.

Thank you for doing this.

I should get around to doing the same for 'The MicroDesigner' (7 issues,
    each 16-24 pages, 1989-1994).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Floppy Software@21:1/5 to All on Sun Dec 25 05:23:53 2016
    Thanks Andrew!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Phil Friel@21:1/5 to Jacob Nevins on Mon Nov 30 03:17:16 2020
    Jacob,

Yes Please! It would be really nice to get digital copies of The MicroDesigner. All of these old PCW/CPC publications should be preserved.

On Thursday, 22 December 2016 at 11:28:18 UTC, Jacob Nevins wrote:
    Andrew Ferguson <andrewfe...@gmail.com> writes:
    I just thought I would let this group know that I have just finished >uploading all of the issues of the 'Script' newsletter to the Internet >Archive, where they are now available for anyone to view and download.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Graeme@21:1/5 to Phil Friel on Mon Oct 25 21:27:56 2021
    Fantastic to see those old newsletters. Well done!

Phil Friel wrote:

Jacob,

Yes Please! It would be really nice to get digital copies of The MicroDesigner. All of these old PCW/CPC publications should be preserved.

On Thursday, 22 December 2016 at 11:28:18 UTC, Jacob Nevins wrote:
    Andrew Ferguson <andrewfe...@gmail.com> writes:
    I just thought I would let this group know that I have just finished
    uploading all of the issues of the 'Script' newsletter to the Internet
    Archive, where they are now available for anyone to view and download.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05