• CPC/PCW stuff free to a good home

From Jean-Paul Roberts@21:1/5 to All on Mon May 9 06:17:32 2016
    Hi,

When moving house recently I came across a box of CPC/PCW stuff.

There's Prospero Pascal and Hisoft's Modula-2 compilers, Companion Desktop Organizer, plus some other stuff.

I also have a load of 3" disks (used) although I have no way of checking
    what's on them apart from the labels.

I've also got a CPS8256 Parallel/Serial interface.

I used to have both PCW and CPC computers so it's a mix. The compilers are for CP/M so should work on either.

Everything was stored inside until last winter when it was stored in a unit and the temperature may well have dropped below freezing. Basically, I don't know if any of this stuff works or if the disks are readable.

I'm in West Yorkshire so will give preference to anyone nearby as that'll save me the postage.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Gryzor@21:1/5 to Jean-Paul Roberts on Tue May 10 01:47:20 2016
    Hello Jean-Paul,

Well, if there's nobody nearby and you're willing to go down to the post office, I'd pay for postage naturally and gladly...

Gryzor
    www.cpcwiki.eu

On Monday, May 9, 2016 at 4:17:33 PM UTC+3, Jean-Paul Roberts wrote:
    Hi,

There's Prospero Pascal and Hisoft's Modula-2 compilers, Companion Desktop Organizer, plus some other stuff.

I also have a load of 3" disks (used) although I have no way of checking what's on them apart from the labels.

I used to have both PCW and CPC computers so it's a mix. The compilers are for CP/M so should work on either.

Everything was stored inside until last winter when it was stored in a unit and the temperature may well have dropped below freezing. Basically, I don't know if any of this stuff works or if the disks are readable.

I'm in West Yorkshire so will give preference to anyone nearby as that'll save me the postage.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jean-Paul Roberts@21:1/5 to Gryzor on Wed May 11 17:06:31 2016
    Hi,

You're the only one who's replied, so it's all yours.

Email may be tidier than this if we're going to exchange addresses and stuff. I own a domain called jpsoftware which is a co domain in this country. pcw at that will reach me - and if any spam bots can make sense of that then they are welcome to spam me :
    -)

If you're anywhere on a line between Wakefield and Arran, please reply quickly.

On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 9:47:21 AM UTC+1, Gryzor wrote:
    Hello Jean-Paul,

Well, if there's nobody nearby and you're willing to go down to the post office, I'd pay for postage naturally and gladly...

Gryzor
    www.cpcwiki.eu

Hi,

I also have a load of 3" disks (used) although I have no way of checking what's on them apart from the labels.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gryzor@21:1/5 to Jean-Paul Roberts on Thu May 12 01:34:43 2016
    Huh, that is strange. Come on people, free CPC stuff! Can't beat that!

Anyhow, I just sent an email, thanks.

Have a lovely day,
    T

On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 3:06:32 AM UTC+3, Jean-Paul Roberts wrote:
    Hi,

You're the only one who's replied, so it's all yours.

Email may be tidier than this if we're going to exchange addresses and stuff. I own a domain called jpsoftware which is a co domain in this country. pcw at that will reach me - and if any spam bots can make sense of that then they are welcome to spam
    me :-)

If you're anywhere on a line between Wakefield and Arran, please reply quickly.

On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 9:47:21 AM UTC+1, Gryzor wrote:
    Hello Jean-Paul,

Gryzor
    www.cpcwiki.eu

Hi,

There's Prospero Pascal and Hisoft's Modula-2 compilers, Companion Desktop
    Organizer, plus some other stuff.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From stphnsmmr@googlemail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jun 4 01:36:30 2016
    Hi, Gryzor!

I'm interested to get an CPS8256, do you still offer it?

Thank you,
    Mr. AMS

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jean-Paul Roberts@21:1/5 to stph...@googlemail.com on Sun Jun 5 04:06:47 2016
    On Saturday, 4 June 2016 09:36:31 UTC+1, stph...@googlemail.com wrote:
    Hi, Gryzor!

I'm interested to get an CPS8256, do you still offer it?

Thank you,
    Mr. AMS

Hi,

Gryzor doesn't need the interface, so it's yours :-)

Send me an email and we'll work out delivery.

J-P

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05