• Congress Is Leaning Towards a Big Tech Breakup

    From Jolly Roger@21:1/5 to gordian240@hotmail.com on Fri Mar 19 18:14:39 2021
    On 2021-03-19, Jim_Higgins <gordian240@hotmail.com> wrote:
    On 3/19/21 11:09 AM, nospam wrote:
    In article <s32dhq$s7u$1@dont-email.me>, Jim_Higgins
    <gordian240@hotmail.com> wrote:

    Quite ON topic for Big Tech and their enforced censorship.

    you might want to learn what censorship actually is.

    Both my wife and I have friends who have lived under and escaped
    from Chinese Communism, they KNOW what censorship is while you have
    no idea.

    Projection. Bless your heart! Thoughts and prayers! <3

    private companies managing their own properties and chinese communism
    are very different things. your comparison is bogus and your comment
    reeks of racism.

    Once again you choose to be blind, enjoy being a Woke Supremacist

    LOL... "Woke Supremacist"... Jimbo is a dipshit wingnut.

    --
    E-mail sent to this address may be devoured by my ravenous SPAM filter.
    I often ignore posts from Google. Use a real news client instead.

    JR

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Your Name@21:1/5 to Dr Eberhard Lisse on Sat Mar 20 08:40:15 2021
    On 2021-03-19 09:08:18 +0000, Dr Eberhard Lisse said:

    Pure speculation, quite off topic.

    el

    If you can't understand that Apple is a "big tech" company and that new
    laws could well affect it, then you're in the wrong newsgroup ... try "backwoods.offthegrid.hillbilly" instead. :-\

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Robert Peirce@21:1/5 to All on Sat Mar 20 09:51:39 2021
    On 3/13/21 3:27 PM, Jim_Higgins wrote:
    Congress Is Leaning Towards a Big Tech Breakup
    https://tinyurl.com/yetrwrul

    Why? Like it or not they are providing something people want more than
    any current alternative. If that changes alternatives will arise as
    they have in the past.

    The problem is always government support, AT&T, for example. Without
    that any company that doesn't meet consumer needs will fail. It may
    take a while but it happens. Look at the number of companies that
    couldn't fail but did over just the last 50 years.

    People are also concerned about the amount of information these
    companies are gathering. Frankly, I like that Amazon notes what I am interested in and makes suggestions. I would be a lot more concerned if
    it were the government who was gathering it (or forcing companies to
    provide it). After all, I can chose whether or not to buy something
    from Amazon but the government can kill me.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Robert Peirce@21:1/5 to All on Sat Mar 20 10:00:21 2021
    On 3/19/21 10:47 AM, Jim_Higgins wrote:
    Both my wife and I have friends who have lived under and escaped from
    Chinese Communism, they KNOW what censorship is while you have no idea.


    It might be well to define terms. Censorship may mean something else in
    China. In this country censorship can only apply to the government.
    What private corporations do and the reason they do it has nothing to do
    with the government. It may be reprehensible but it isn't censorship.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jim_Higgins@21:1/5 to Robert Peirce on Sat Mar 20 10:14:49 2021
    On 3/20/21 9:51 AM, Robert Peirce wrote:
    On 3/13/21 3:27 PM, Jim_Higgins wrote:
    Congress Is Leaning Towards a Big Tech Breakup
    https://tinyurl.com/yetrwrul

    Why?  Like it or not they are providing something people want more than
    any current alternative.  If that changes alternatives will arise as
    they have in the past.

    The problem is always government support, AT&T, for example.  Without
    that any company that doesn't meet consumer needs will fail.  It may
    take a while but it happens.  Look at the number of companies that
    couldn't fail but did over just the last 50 years.

    People are also concerned about the amount of information these
    companies are gathering.  Frankly, I like that Amazon notes what I am interested in and makes suggestions.  I would be a lot more concerned if
    it were the government who was gathering it (or forcing companies to
    provide it).  After all, I can chose whether or not to buy something
    from Amazon but the government can kill me.
    Very compliant of you.

    --
    "Guarded by a tired cohort of Roman Heavy Infantry"

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jim_Higgins@21:1/5 to Robert Peirce on Sat Mar 20 10:16:07 2021
    On 3/20/21 10:00 AM, Robert Peirce wrote:
    On 3/19/21 10:47 AM, Jim_Higgins wrote:
    Both my wife and I have friends who have lived under and escaped from
    Chinese Communism, they KNOW what censorship is while you have no idea.


    It might be well to define terms.  Censorship may mean something else in China.  In this country censorship can only apply to the government.
    What private corporations do and the reason they do it has nothing to do
    with the government.  It may be reprehensible but it isn't censorship.
    Where have you been hiding? Censorship is alive and active with the Woke
    Left.

    --
    "Guarded by a tired cohort of Roman Heavy Infantry"

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From nospam@21:1/5 to gordian240@hotmail.com on Sat Mar 20 11:04:04 2021
    In article <s35037$k6m$2@dont-email.me>, Jim_Higgins
    <gordian240@hotmail.com> wrote:

    Both my wife and I have friends who have lived under and escaped from
    Chinese Communism, they KNOW what censorship is while you have no idea.


    It might be well to define terms. Censorship may mean something else in China. In this country censorship can only apply to the government.
    What private corporations do and the reason they do it has nothing to do with the government. It may be reprehensible but it isn't censorship.

    Where have you been hiding? Censorship is alive and active with the Woke Left.

    it isn't, and you also don't understand the words you use.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jolly Roger@21:1/5 to gordian240@hotmail.com on Sat Mar 20 16:10:59 2021
    On 2021-03-20, Jim_Higgins <gordian240@hotmail.com> wrote:
    On 3/20/21 10:00 AM, Robert Peirce wrote:
    On 3/19/21 10:47 AM, Jim_Higgins wrote:
    Both my wife and I have friends who have lived under and escaped
    from Chinese Communism, they KNOW what censorship is while you have
    no idea.

    It might be well to define terms.  Censorship may mean something else
    in China.  In this country censorship can only apply to the
    government. What private corporations do and the reason they do it
    has nothing to do with the government.  It may be reprehensible but
    it isn't censorship.

    Where have you been hiding? Censorship is alive and active with the
    Woke Left.

    LOL... The world must be such a confusing, frustrating, and terrifying
    place for alt-right nut jobs like you. Social media sent you roaches scattering, including your golden Herr Führer Trump, and now you're
    whining about it everywhere you can, like the huge man-babies you are.

    You love to see it.

    Your shitty, little world is changing in front of your eyes, and there's nothing you can do about it.

    Cry harder, snowflakes. : D

    --
    E-mail sent to this address may be devoured by my ravenous SPAM filter.
    I often ignore posts from Google. Use a real news client instead.

    JR

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jim_Higgins@21:1/5 to nospam on Sat Mar 20 13:01:32 2021
    On 3/20/21 11:04 AM, nospam wrote:
    In article <s35037$k6m$2@dont-email.me>, Jim_Higgins
    <gordian240@hotmail.com> wrote:

    Both my wife and I have friends who have lived under and escaped from
    Chinese Communism, they KNOW what censorship is while you have no idea. >>>>

    It might be well to define terms.  Censorship may mean something else in >>> China.  In this country censorship can only apply to the government.
    What private corporations do and the reason they do it has nothing to do >>> with the government.  It may be reprehensible but it isn't censorship.

    Where have you been hiding? Censorship is alive and active with the Woke
    Left.

    it isn't, and you also don't understand the words you use.

    They are in my coloring book!

    --
    "Guarded by a tired cohort of Roman Heavy Infantry"

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From nospam@21:1/5 to gordian240@hotmail.com on Sat Mar 20 14:01:43 2021
    In article <s359pc$fdr$1@dont-email.me>, Jim_Higgins
    <gordian240@hotmail.com> wrote:

    Both my wife and I have friends who have lived under and escaped from >>>> Chinese Communism, they KNOW what censorship is while you have no idea. >>>>

    It might be well to define terms. Censorship may mean something else in >>> China. In this country censorship can only apply to the government.
    What private corporations do and the reason they do it has nothing to do >>> with the government. It may be reprehensible but it isn't censorship.

    Where have you been hiding? Censorship is alive and active with the Woke >> Left.

    it isn't, and you also don't understand the words you use.

    They are in my coloring book!

    maybe when you get beyond that, you'll understand what the 1st
    amendment actually means.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Dr Eberhard Lisse@21:1/5 to Your Name on Tue Mar 23 15:46:43 2021
    Pure speculation of what a Senator or the other might do to pamper to
    his voters, or not, is off topic to this news group as are these ad
    hominem remarks.

    el

    On 19/03/2021 21:40, Your Name wrote:
    On 2021-03-19 09:08:18 +0000, Dr Eberhard Lisse said:

    Pure speculation, quite off topic.

    el

    If you can't understand that Apple is a "big tech" company and that
    new laws could well affect it, then you're in the wrong newsgroup ...
    try "backwoods.offthegrid.hillbilly" instead. :-\




    --
    To email me replace 'nospam' with 'el'

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Wizard1969@21:4/137 to Dr Eberhard Lisse on Tue Mar 23 11:54:44 2021
    Good luck enforcing that Doctor.

    --- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/03/02 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: 8-Bit Boyz BBS! -=[ bbs.8bitboyz.com port:6502 ]=- (21:4/137)
  • From Your Name@21:1/5 to Dr Eberhard Lisse on Wed Mar 24 08:34:58 2021
    On 2021-03-23 13:46:43 +0000, Dr Eberhard Lisse said:

    Pure speculation of what a Senator or the other might do to pamper to
    his voters, or not, is off topic to this news group as are these ad
    hominem remarks.

    el

    And another braindead moron meets the killfile. :-\

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Dr Eberhard W Lisse@21:1/5 to Your Name on Thu Mar 25 20:28:07 2021
    Somehow this doesn't seem to work well for you.

    el


    On 2021-03-23 21:34 , Your Name wrote:
    On 2021-03-23 13:46:43 +0000, Dr Eberhard Lisse said:

    Pure speculation of what a Senator or the other might do to pamper to
    his voters, or not, is off topic to this news group as are these ad
    hominem remarks.

    el

    And another braindead moron meets the killfile.  :-\





    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Your Name@21:1/5 to Dr Eberhard W Lisse on Fri Mar 26 08:28:02 2021
    On 2021-03-25 18:28:07 +0000, Dr Eberhard W Lisse said:

    Somehow this doesn't seem to work well for you.

    el

    You're a typical braindead troll simply further proving you're a moronic idiot.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Dr Eberhard W Lisse@21:1/5 to Your Name on Fri Mar 26 08:29:18 2021
    Why is it that this permanent ad hominem by wannabes who threaten to
    plonk when they run out of things to say, and usually don't have much to
    say anyway, but seem to be unable to do, so prevalent in mac news
    groups?

    el

    On 2021-03-25 21:28 , Your Name wrote:
    On 2021-03-25 18:28:07 +0000, Dr Eberhard W Lisse said:

    Somehow this doesn't seem to work well for you.

    el

    You're a typical braindead troll simply further proving you're a moronic idiot.


    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Robert Peirce@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 26 09:27:29 2021
    On 3/20/21 10:16 AM, Jim_Higgins wrote:
    On 3/20/21 10:00 AM, Robert Peirce wrote:
    On 3/19/21 10:47 AM, Jim_Higgins wrote:
    Both my wife and I have friends who have lived under and escaped from
    Chinese Communism, they KNOW what censorship is while you have no idea.


    It might be well to define terms.  Censorship may mean something else
    in China.  In this country censorship can only apply to the
    government. What private corporations do and the reason they do it has
    nothing to do with the government.  It may be reprehensible but it
    isn't censorship.
    Where have you been hiding? Censorship is alive and active with the Woke Left.

    So your definition is anybody who doesn't like what somebody else is
    saying and acts to prevent it is censoring. Okay. That's not my
    definition but I can work with it.

    If you say you like pizza and I disagree I can stop you from saying you
    like it and you can stop me from saying I don't? That's a pretty good
    way to kill any conversation.

    BTW, what has this to do with comp.sys.mac.misc?

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Robert Peirce@21:1/5 to Jolly Roger on Fri Mar 26 09:29:23 2021
    On 3/20/21 12:10 PM, Jolly Roger wrote:
    On 2021-03-20, Jim_Higgins <gordian240@hotmail.com> wrote:
    On 3/20/21 10:00 AM, Robert Peirce wrote:
    On 3/19/21 10:47 AM, Jim_Higgins wrote:
    Both my wife and I have friends who have lived under and escaped
    from Chinese Communism, they KNOW what censorship is while you have
    no idea.

    It might be well to define terms.  Censorship may mean something else
    in China.  In this country censorship can only apply to the
    government. What private corporations do and the reason they do it
    has nothing to do with the government.  It may be reprehensible but
    it isn't censorship.

    Where have you been hiding? Censorship is alive and active with the
    Woke Left.

    LOL... The world must be such a confusing, frustrating, and terrifying
    place for alt-right nut jobs like you. Social media sent you roaches scattering, including your golden Herr Führer Trump, and now you're
    whining about it everywhere you can, like the huge man-babies you are.

    You love to see it.

    Your shitty, little world is changing in front of your eyes, and there's nothing you can do about it.

    Cry harder, snowflakes. : D


    Gee, can I censor that? :,)

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jolly Roger@21:1/5 to Robert Peirce on Fri Mar 26 18:43:57 2021
    On 2021-03-26, Robert Peirce <bob@peirce-family.com> wrote:
    On 3/20/21 12:10 PM, Jolly Roger wrote:
    On 2021-03-20, Jim_Higgins <gordian240@hotmail.com> wrote:
    On 3/20/21 10:00 AM, Robert Peirce wrote:
    On 3/19/21 10:47 AM, Jim_Higgins wrote:

    Both my wife and I have friends who have lived under and escaped
    from Chinese Communism, they KNOW what censorship is while you
    have no idea.

    It might be well to define terms.  Censorship may mean something
    else in China.  In this country censorship can only apply to the
    government. What private corporations do and the reason they do it
    has nothing to do with the government.  It may be reprehensible but
    it isn't censorship.

    Where have you been hiding? Censorship is alive and active with the
    Woke Left.

    LOL... The world must be such a confusing, frustrating, and
    terrifying place for alt-right nut jobs like you. Social media sent
    you roaches scattering, including your golden Herr Führer Trump, and
    now you're whining about it everywhere you can, like the huge
    man-babies you are.

    You love to see it.

    Your shitty, little world is changing in front of your eyes, and
    there's nothing you can do about it.

    Cry harder, snowflakes. : D


    Gee, can I censor that? :,)

    Only if it's a gay wedding cake. ; )

    #StayWoke #Jimbo : D

    --
    E-mail sent to this address may be devoured by my ravenous SPAM filter.
    I often ignore posts from Google. Use a real news client instead.

    JR

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)