• IIe problem

From Steven Nelson@21:1/5 to All on Mon Mar 28 14:36:53 2022
    One of my IIes has a problem. Slot 7 isn't working properly. I first became aware of a problem because it would not autoboot from slot 7. I could reset and pr#7 to boot but could not powerup boot. (CFFA in slot 7). Later the CFFA began to have
    problems with bad blocks and volume full msgs. The cffa CF card works fine in a CFFA3000 card in my IIGS. The CFFA card works fine in slot 4. So, I am pretty sure the cffa and CF card is OK. My old microdrive works in slot 4, but not slot 7. What
    should I look for to troubleshoot slot7? Slots 1-6 seem to be OK. I really don't need slot7 but it is irritating that it is faulty.
    TIA, Steven

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From I am Rob@21:1/5 to All on Mon Mar 28 16:42:49 2022
    One of my IIes has a problem. Slot 7 isn't working properly. I first became aware of a problem because it would not autoboot from slot 7. I could reset and pr#7 to boot but could not powerup boot. (CFFA in slot 7). Later the CFFA began to have problems
    with bad blocks and volume full msgs. The cffa CF card works fine in a CFFA3000 card in my IIGS. The CFFA card works fine in slot 4. So, I am pretty sure the cffa and CF card is OK. My old microdrive works in slot 4, but not slot 7. What should I look
    for to troubleshoot slot7? Slots 1-6 seem to be OK. I really don't need slot7 but it is irritating that it is faulty.
    TIA, Steven

Most likely a connection not being made in the slot connector. Look for a pin that looks rather straight and not bent towards center, has no spring to it or may be corroded.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mike Spangler@21:1/5 to All on Thu Mar 31 08:39:52 2022
    Most likely a connection not being made in the slot connector. Look for a pin that looks rather straight and not bent towards center, has no spring to it or may be corroded.

You can also try the pencil eraser on the card edge connector trick, or a magic substance called deox-it. It's expensive but it does work especially on the sockets.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05