• Using AppleSauce to create alignment disks

From Eric N@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jan 6 12:56:15 2022
    I wonder if AppleSauce's flux imaging could be used to create alignment diskettes? I have a Dymek 360k alignment disk and I have flux-imaged it successfully with AppleSauce, but the software won't allow me to write a disk with the image. It might just
    be the software not seeing any recognizable disk format preventing the writes, though.

It would be great to be able to recreate these rare beasts.

Eric N.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Michael J. Mahon@21:1/5 to Eric N on Sun Jan 9 21:06:20 2022
    Eric N <eric@neilsonhart.com> wrote:
    I wonder if AppleSauce's flux imaging could be used to create alignment diskettes? I have a Dymek 360k alignment disk and I have flux-imaged it successfully with AppleSauce, but the software won't allow me to write a
    disk with the image. It might just be the software not seeing any recognizable disk format preventing the writes, though.

Eric N.

No. Manufacturer’s alignment disks are recorded with analog signals, requiring special head drive circuitry.

--
    -michael - NadaNet 3.1 and AppleCrate II: http://michaeljmahon.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ice cruncher@21:1/5 to Michael J. Mahon on Mon Mar 28 12:02:15 2022
    I asked the same thing a while back. And they are the weirdest disks I have ever Fluxed. :)

On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 10:06:27 PM UTC-5, Michael J. Mahon wrote:
    Eric N <er...@neilsonhart.com> wrote:
    I wonder if AppleSauce's flux imaging could be used to create alignment diskettes? I have a Dymek 360k alignment disk and I have flux-imaged it successfully with AppleSauce, but the software won't allow me to write a disk with the image. It might just be the software not seeing any recognizable disk format preventing the writes, though.

Eric N.

No. Manufacturer’s alignment disks are recorded with analog signals, requiring special head drive circuitry.

--
    -michael - NadaNet 3.1 and AppleCrate II: http://michaeljmahon.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05