• Re: Usenet not supported by Google from February 22, 2024

From Theo@21:1/5 to oyvind.teig@teigfam.net on Mon Feb 12 16:38:22 2024
    Øyvind Teig <oyvind.teig@teigfam.net> wrote:
    (moved from "Spam on comp.sys.transputer) to a more precise thread.

Since you Ke.. and we alas all are in the same boat here: the message is on the top here, see https://groups.google.com/g/comp.sys.transputer. I only have URL in Norwegian here, so you must find the URL for English. I was naïve enough to believe that
    comp.sys.transputer was _not_ a Usenet group. It sounds from Ke.. that it is. If so, somebody wiser than me should: (translated from Norwegian by Google) PRETTY FAST:

*What do you have to do?"
    If you don't actively use Usenet content, you don't need to do anything. Current Usenet users must do two things before February 22, 2024 if they want to continue interacting with Usenet content:

1. Find a new Usenet client. There are a number of free and paid options – both online and app-based. To find a client, you can search for "How do I find a usenet text client" online.
    2. Find a new public Usenet server. The new client you choose will likely have a default server or a set of selected options for you. If not, you can search for "public NNTP servers" to find a server.
    Since Usenet is a distributed system, you don't need to transfer data. All the Usenet content you currently have access to on Google Groups should already be synced with the new server you choose. Once you have selected a new client and server, you can
    select the groups you are interested in again.

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/thread.php?group=comp.sys.transputer

is another option, although installing a newsreader is likely a better experience.

Theo

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Aclassifier@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 13 10:17:07 2024
    Theo,

this is exactly what I had hoped for!

No work on my behalf:-)

Thanks a lot!

I now am Aclassifier (Øyvind Teig) on RockSolid :-)=

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Theo@21:1/5 to oyvind.teig@teigfam.net on Tue Feb 13 11:43:59 2024
    Øyvind Teig <oyvind.teig@teigfam.net> wrote:
    It did! Fantastic!

I saw your message posted as Aclassifier which came through just fine.

Theo

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05