• Nostalgia - Max Hantsch

From Peter Deane@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 20 11:53:32 2015
    Since I think I last posted into this newsgroup in around about 1996 or 1997, and have just stumbled over Google Groups while searching for something else (an instruction guide on the acronym SUAGA - which I do NOT expect to receive fort this post), I
    thought I'd post for old time's sake, after a hiatus of, what, 18 or so years.

Now, to keep it on topic (does that matter?) I know where Maximilan Hantsch is!!! Works for verizon in online security applications. He's a Facebook friend, and I still have his Austrian flag he gave me when visiting me in Newcastle, Australia in 1992 (
    +/- a year or so)

He said he wanted to setup an Austrian outpost in all Trapdoor users homes. He visited Australia and spent a day and night in each Trapdoor user's house he knew before moving on to the next, and was able to stay in places like Sydney, Newcastle,
    Brisbane, Melbourne, etc, etc. (I was a beta tester at the time).

That flag, Max, is still on my computer desk after all those years - however - it's a blasted PC now...

What I really regret is the tens of thousands of lines of code I wrote, that are now essentially useless. :-(

But those were the days, and there are still programs I had on the amiga that haven't been replicated. Cygnus Ed, mainly! That column copy and paste facility I have never seen since...

Regards,
    -Peter!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)