• Vampire v5 SA and v6 SA

From Jacek Marcin Jaworski@21:1/5 to All on Fri Dec 10 10:49:55 2021
    Gutentag Gunar!

In the Appli thi year I bought Vampire v4+ SA. An I have some comments about that:

1. I found v4+ unusable. This was mainly due to 2 reasons:

1.1: Hardware design flaws: lack ability to boot from USB or even from microSD. This was mitigated by VBootLoader Duo.

1.2: Your OS concept is expensive or pure illegal. Rewrote all of this in Aros is insane. On the other hand usage of AmigaOS 3.9 as abandoned sof is pure illegal. And you can ask your self: If I pay over 600€ for v4+ then can I afford for legal and
    brand new OS v3.2 for 45€? I can tell you something: I was wery positively supprised that Hyperion was able to relase Amiga OS 3.2 this year and I was enjoy when I bought and receive my copy of updated Amiga OS!

2. I found that your sense of humor is not at my level, when I discovered my posts were deleted along with my accound from http://apollo-core.com/knowledge.php

3. When I relized 1. and 2. then I drove my v4+ to electronic recycling field.

4. So maybe you ask what I write this message? Well I write for that reasons:

4.1 v4+ is imperfect;

4.2 I analyse carefuly AmigaOS and I know that it is over 100x more efficient than Android, and is far more modern than Antek and so it is more user friendly.

4.3 I am unable to do anythig else for Amiga than call to your common sense.

5. How v5 SA should be done?
    Now you are skilled VHDL and Amiga designera and programmer.
    But you make big mistake when your silient target is code all by your self. I talk about I/O. It is pure nonsense to me code IDE, microSD, USB, and others I/O ports. No one of I/O in v4+ is finished and production ready.
    When you will ask your self what I/O are neded/expected in v5 then you will have one answer: 10 USB ports or more, as fast as Cyclone can include.
    This USB bus shouldbe copied entirelly form Altera VHDL library. USB3 is target but not ultimate. It can be USB2, but completed and compatible and with AmigaOS driver.
    If Cyclone capacity afford then it will be nice to have M2 disk port.

To sum up: I/O for Varmpire is not your problem. Your eforts should be make SuperAGA and 68080 smart and usable and rock stable for Amiga OS compatible software.

v5 SA spec:
    1. 10x USB3 ports (universal/interchangeable): from lib. Altera + Amiga OS drivers;
    2. 1x M2 (disc controler): from lib. Altera + Amiga OS drivers;
    3. 1x RTC (unchanged)
    4. Remove all others I/O ports and expansions ports (they are prity useless). 5. Similiar case as in v4+.
    6. Power supply by any USB3.
    7. Ask your self: Is usefull to have more than 512MB RAM in order to make more buffers for I/O?
    8. Remain spec same as in v4+ SA.

v6 SA spec:
    1. ITX board;
    2. 68080 in SOC
    3. 10x USB3 ports (universal/interchangeable): from lib. Altera + drivers;
    4. 2xPCIe from lib. Altera + drivers;

6. Vampire brand is quite oposite for Amiga brand which was promisable and lovely by youth people from your and mine generation.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Pinku Basudei@21:1/5 to Jacek Marcin Jaworski on Sun Dec 12 13:52:43 2021
    On Fri, 10 Dec 2021 10:49:55 -0800 (PST)
    Jacek Marcin Jaworski <jaworski1978@adres.pl> wrote:

Gutentag Gunar!

In the Appli thi year I bought Vampire v4+ SA. An I have some comments about that:

2. I found that your sense of humor is not at my level, when I discovered my posts were deleted along with my accound from http://apollo-core.com/knowledge.php

So your account was banned from a website and you write to him on usenet in the hope he will read it. Is that correct?

--

/ Pinku

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jacek Marcin Jaworski@21:1/5 to All on Sun Dec 12 06:59:24 2021
    --- Treść przekazanej wiadomości ---
    Temat: Re: v5 SA and v6 SA
    Data: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 19:52:20 +0100
    Nadawca: Jacek Marcin Jaworski <jaworski1978@adres.pl>
    Adresat: gunnar@apollo-core.com

In order to make easier and more transparent our conversations about Vampire v5 SA and v6 SA i created thread at comp.sys.amiga.hardware use net group.
    So any futher answers are expected at: https://groups.google.com/g/comp.sys.amiga.hardware/c/L0Yi2HmKY20

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05