• Is this Amiga 4000 CPU slot faulty?

From amministrazioni.billi@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 2 06:03:21 2018
    Hello friends,

i have the following problem with my beloved amiga 4000.
    I have a micronik full tower with Mediator PCI board, the computer works ok, but after some time the CPU board seem not to make proper contact anymore.
    In fact it could happen that at a cold boot the green light doesn't flash, remaining at the low green color, the screen stays black, the floppy drive doesn't click.
    If I unplug the CPU board then plug it on again it works ok for a while that the problem comes out again.
    Sometimes it happen even while the system booted and i am using the computer, amigaOS freezes and if I make a warm reboot the green light acts the same (doesn't flash and stays in the first low stage).

It cannot be the CPU board as it makes exactly the same both with the CSPPC and the 3640 original board.

Last year the mob had some repair (new capacitor, 64mb hack, clock battery leak) and i asked the repairer to change the CPU slot (so now it should be almost brand new) but the problem come back and was never truly solved.

What could it be? Any suggestion how to solve it and who can repair it once for ever?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From amministrazioni billi@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 2 06:03:20 2018
    Hello friends,

i have the following problem with my beloved amiga 4000. I have a micronik
    full tower with Mediator PCI board, the computer works ok, but after some time the CPU board seem not to make proper contact anymore. In fact it could happen that at a cold boot the green light doesn't flash, remaining at the low green color, the screen stays black, the floppy drive doesn't click.
    If I unplug the CPU board then plug it on again it works ok for a while that the problem comes out again.
    Sometimes it happen even while the system booted and i am using the computer, amigaOS freezes and if I make a warm reboot the green light acts the same (doesn't flash and stays in the first low stage).

It cannot be the CPU board as it makes exactly the same both with the CSPPC
    and the 3640 original board.

Last year the mob had some repair (new capacitor, 64mb hack, clock battery leak) and i asked the repairer to change the CPU slot (so now it should be almost brand new) but the problem come back and was never truly solved.

What could it be? Any suggestion how to solve it and who can repair it once
    for ever?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)