• MCPExpress - going away!

From Einar Flaathe@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 11 06:17:18 2021
    Today i received the following email from <MCPExpress@unisys.com>.

Einar;
    You are correct in that the MCP Express 6.0 content is the same as what was delivered 2H2020. The one difference is the original MCP Express 6.0 expired July 31, 2021 whereas the current package will expire December 31, 2021.
    This is the last planned deliverable for MCP Express.
    We encourage those who would like to continue to use an MCP environment to consider purchasing MCP DevStudio Personal Edition, or another ClearPath MCP Software Series offering, which provides an upgradable, non-expiring, supported environment.
    Regards

Pamela Becker
    MCP Express Support

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From TKosfeld@21:1/5 to Einar Flaathe on Wed Aug 11 10:51:32 2021
    On 8/11/2021 10:17 AM, Einar Flaathe wrote:
    Today i received the following email from <MCPExpress@unisys.com>.

Einar;
    You are correct in that the MCP Express 6.0 content is the same as what was delivered 2H2020. The one difference is the original MCP Express 6.0 expired July 31, 2021 whereas the current package will expire December 31, 2021.
    We encourage those who would like to continue to use an MCP environment to consider purchasing MCP DevStudio Personal Edition, or another ClearPath MCP Software Series offering, which provides an upgradable, non-expiring, supported environment.
    Regards

Pamela Becker
    MCP Express Support

That's really bad news.
    Any ideas about pricing for DevStudio Personal Edition ?

--
    This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Stuart Macpherson@21:1/5 to einar.a...@gmail.com on Wed Aug 11 06:52:24 2021
    On Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 2:17:19 PM UTC+1, einar.a...@gmail.com wrote:
    Today i received the following email from <MCPEx...@unisys.com>.

Einar;
    Regards

Pamela Becker
    MCP Express Support
    This is very disappointing to say the least, especially as the license only runs for another 4 months.
    Maybe if enough of us download it, they'll have a change of heart. I imagine the Personal Edition costs silly money.
    As an aside, the latest version is been completely stable since I installed it on my laptop last week (Window 10 Pro, 21H1) which not a single BSOD. No more waiting for it to "warm up".

Stuart

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Einar Flaathe@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 12 00:42:44 2021
    onsdag 11 augusti 2021 kl. 15:52:25 UTC+2 skrev Stuart Macpherson:

Einar;
    Regards

Pamela Becker
    MCP Express Support
    This is very disappointing to say the least, especially as the license only runs for another 4 months.
    Maybe if enough of us download it, they'll have a change of heart. I imagine the Personal Edition costs silly money.
    As an aside, the latest version is been completely stable since I installed it on my laptop last week (Window 10 Pro, 21H1) which not a single BSOD. No more waiting for it to "warm up".

Stuart
    Can you please delete your post with Pamela Becker name !!!
    Einar

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Scott Lurndal@21:1/5 to Einar Flaathe on Thu Aug 12 16:25:33 2021
    Einar Flaathe <einar.a.flaathe@gmail.com> writes:

Einar;
    Regards

P****** B*****
    MCP Express Support

Stuart
    Can you please delete your post with P***** B***** name !!!

That's not possible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

And you repeating the name only made it worse.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Einar Flaathe@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 15 15:17:31 2021
    torsdag 12 augusti 2021 kl. 18:25:36 UTC+2 skrev Scott Lurndal:
    Einar Flaathe <einar.a...@gmail.com> writes:

Einar;
    Regards

P****** B*****
    MCP Express Support

Stuart
    Can you please delete your post with P***** B***** name !!!

That's not possible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

And you repeating the name only made it worse.

I am now up and running latest MCP Express.

Windows specifications:
    Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 21H1
    Installed on ‎8/‎18/‎2020
    OS build 19043.1165
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

IK IPSHOW ALL

SYSTEM MCN/MACH 892091606/052F PARTITION 1 ACTIVE KEY 1
    CURRENT IMAGE 1@100N
    PARTITION [1] 1@100N/2

ID TYPE STATUS IMAGES

1 TERM ACTIVE 1@100N/2
    Expires Sat, Jan 1, 2022 01:00
    IP1-QHWMKUGZ4R17FCMWR5KHP14XBR6UBNZ817NK89D8KC1GJSD8G0FK

BSoD JANUS.sys still occurs sporadically w/
    DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

/Einar

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05