• MOO2 The biggest fleet

From alienboy106@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 8 08:56:21 2016
    I had a small fleet of battleships (15-20) equipped with Mauler devices as heavy mounts and they took down a Sakkra battleship fleet of 75 and we one. What happened was that I had also equipped my ships with Transporters. All my ships had to do was
    drop the front shields of the enemy ships and teleport marines over and they took the ship over. More than 50 ships got taken captive by me. The Sakkra being the race they are, used their high productivity to come back with a fleet of 115 ships! Didn't
    matter as the same result happened plus I had those 50 captive ships to buffer my originals from fire. My fleet grew bigger. I was like over 50 command points but my economy could take it so I just pressed on. My war with the Sakkra went on like this
    for a good bit. They'd rebuild a huge fleet and it'd vanish into thin air because I would just capture it. Lols. The Sakkra eventually surrendered their empire of over 25 stars they had to my 10. Mailers and transporters are a good combo

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Spalls Hurgenson@21:1/5 to alienboy106@gmail.com on Fri Sep 9 09:31:38 2016
    On Thu, 8 Sep 2016 08:56:21 -0700 (PDT), alienboy106@gmail.com wrote:

I had a small fleet of battleships (15-20) equipped with Mauler devices as heavy mounts and they took down a Sakkra battleship fleet of 75 and we one. What happened was that I had also equipped my ships with Transporters. All my ships had to do was
    drop the front shields of the enemy ships and teleport marines over and they took the ship over. More than 50 ships got taken captive by me. The Sakkra being the race they are, used their high productivity to come back with a fleet of 115 ships! Didn't
    matter as the same result happened plus I had those 50 captive ships to buffer my originals from fire. My fleet grew bigger. I was like over 50 command points but my economy could take it so I just pressed on. My war with the Sakkra went on like this
    for a good bit. They'd rebuild a huge fleet and it'd vanish into thin air because I would just capture it. Lols. The Sakkra eventually surrendered their empire of over 25 stars they had to my 10. Mailers and transporters are a good
    combo

I recall that making HUGE fleets of cheap and tiny fighters was a
    viable strategy in MOO1. A decently built-up planet could crank out
    five or ten of the things per turn. Individually, they'd only have a
    single weapon and an enemy cruiser could swat dozens of them out of
    the air with a single attack, but you could amass hundreds - I think
    up to 999 - and take out pretty much anything.

They were lousy for defense - you had to amass them into huge fleets
    and that usually required you to redirect ships from several planets -
    but they were a surprisingly efficient way of attacking. I took down
    the Guardian of Orion with such a fleet once.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)