• BC3k- Derek Smart's Forgotten Lies

From peterholdsworth230473@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Derek Smart on Tue Feb 2 17:33:22 2016
    On Friday, November 12, 1999 at 8:00:00 AM UTC, Derek Smart wrote:
    On Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:56:16 +0100, "Barking Pumpkin"
    <paul.kerr@wxs.nl> wrote:

Yup. And another thing - who the fuck is actually 'playing' Battlecruiser? >I'd rather give myself a barbed wire enema.

Go ahead, it sounds like you need it. While you're at it, give
    yourself a mouthwash with one too.

Who the hell is playing BC3K? Only the people buying it, but, lets not
    count them, lets count the idiots with different aliases who couldn't
    even wrap their head around Pac Man.

*plonk*

Derek Smart, Ph.D.
    Designer/Lead Developer
    The Battlecruiser Series
    www.3000ad.com

"It's not everyone telling me it can't be done that bothers me.
    It's them interrupting me while I'm doing it!"

Does anyone actually like you other than your fake arse accounts on here, your a scumbag and a Twat your attacks on Chris Roberts and his wife and child show you for what you are a complete Twat. Your pathetic attempts at generating publicity for
    yourself and the lies you tell are horrendous, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Battlecruiser is a bug ridden pile of shit and will never work properly you know this yet you still try to exploit people for their time and money. Your a foul
    human being and the interbet is littered with articles showing you as a liar and Fraud. I truly hope people link and compile dossiers on you and expose you, you are deliberately trying to derail another developers project costing backers thousands and
    putting peoples jobs in jeopardy.

For your own self glorification and self promotion your vile and disgusting and a waste of human skin you P.h.d is a fraud like you which you paid $5 dollars for online you insult the academic community with your blatant lies, do you have any sense at
    all of how unlike-able you are, once again as in the beginning your a complete Twat.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Spalls Hurgenson@21:1/5 to peterholdsworth230473@gmail.com on Wed Feb 3 09:48:46 2016
    On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 17:33:22 -0800 (PST),
    peterholdsworth230473@gmail.com wrote:

On Friday, November 12, 1999 at 8:00:00 AM UTC, Derek Smart wrote:
    Who the hell is playing BC3K? Only the people buying it, but, lets not
    count them, lets count the idiots with different aliases who couldn't
    even wrap their head around Pac Man.

For your own self glorification and self promotion your vile and disgusting and a waste of human skin you P.h.d is a fraud like you which you paid $5 dollars for online you insult the academic community with your blatant lies, do you have any sense at
    all of how unlike-able you are, once again as in the beginning your a complete Twat.

Your comment would probably have more weight to it if you weren't
    responding to a 17-year old post...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Nosv10.0.03@21:1/5 to peterholdsworth230473@gmail.com on Wed Feb 3 16:20:24 2016
    peterholdsworth230473@gmail.com wrote:

For your own self glorification and self promotion.

I have Battlecruiser only because it is free on Steam. Derek is a bit of a dick though.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jonsebox28@hotmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 15 21:27:18 2017
    On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 8:20:28 AM UTC-8, Nosv10.0.03 wrote:
    I have Battlecruiser only because it is free on Steam. Derek is a bit of a dick though.

I agree. I've not seen anyone in forums who does more to push away gamers from his games. He needs to hire someone to interact with players--like in forums--and stick to what he knows.

However, I got BC3K 2.0 in 2000 and enjoyed it a lot. I also liked BCM. It's true there's a lot of bugs and crashes, but not always. BC3K was one of the first space sims, alongside others like Hardwar and Elite Frontier and X: Beyond The Frontier. I
    think Derek deserves some credit, even though he's mishandled a lot of things and lots of hate aimed at him.

(I recently tried BCM again and got to say it seems to crash less than it did when I played it 15 years ago. It's free too.)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05