• SimFarm -> how do I get rid of excess H20?

From banmancarson10@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Ben Parrish on Wed May 20 14:05:22 2020
    On Monday, September 20, 1993 at 8:27:20 PM UTC-7, Ben Parrish wrote:
    : : Hey, I'm having this problem with SimFarm, I sometimes have an
    : : excess of water in my crops!, How do I get rid of it? I think that I've : : tried everything, so some specific details would be nice!

: Well, there are a few reasons this will happen. First off, if you are in a : rainy area, you may have too much rain for the crop. Try another crop that : needs more water. If you are getting excess water and you are irrigating, stop
    : irrigating. Make sure to cut off the water before it becomes adjacent to the
    : field.

I'd like to ask a question (that the Zoinkster will certainly recognize
    from his BBS) about this...I had a field with one side surrounded
    completely by bridges (a string of roads over a string of ditches, in an attempt to save space). The field began to flood, even though the ditches were (supposedly) dry. Just to test it, I changed the string of bridges
    back to 'normal' ditches, and the flooding stopped almost immediately.
    Now, do ditches underneath bridges not add to the draining of a field? If so, is this a bug? Is this realistic? I'm guessing yes on 1, no on 2.

Anyone agree? Anyone still reading this?

--
    [ pinback@access.digex.net ]
    [ failure to heed this signature will result in a $50 fine ]

I am from the Year 2020 and if anyone is reading this hello from Canada, I wish things will have gotten better by the time someone reads this again and to whoever you are, whenever you are, wherever you are good bye and good luck on whatever adventure
    you are on.

- Carson Banman, a fellow adventurer from May 20 2020

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From theunevers@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jun 6 06:09:23 2020
    Thanks. This works!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)