• Command LIVE #1 launched: Old Grudges Never Die!

From Dimitris Dranidis@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 19 06:57:00 2016
    http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=4357
    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From hermanhum@hotmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 19 22:21:35 2016
    $3 for a single scenario? What a joke. Describing this scenario as mediocre is probably being overly generous. The thing is not worth 10 cents. The AI is idiotic and a total pushover from whichever side you elect to play. Other games give away far
    superior content for FREE.

The MNO developers obviously did not learn a single thing after getting burned so badly from their Inferno debacle. Anyone foolish enough to pay for this scenario deserves to be soon parted from his money.
    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thewood@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 26 18:33:53 2016
    So no one has to buy it if they don't want. What's the downside for the devs? If you think $3 is too expensive, don't buy it. You obviously bought it since you seem have played it.
    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From hermanhum@hotmail.com@21:1/5 to Thewood on Tue Jul 26 19:22:50 2016
    On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 7:33:54 PM UTC-6, Thewood wrote:
    So no one has to buy it if they don't want.

Correct. No one needs to throw away (even $3) for a lame scenario that other games give away for free. I'm just letting everyone know just how low the quality and value are.

What's the downside for the devs?

Again, correct. Rip-off schemes tend to be beneficial to only one party.

You obviously bought it since you seem have played it.

And got my money back as soon as it was abundantly clear what a turd this DLC was.

It was fun to see how the developers even managed to flop their Steam summer sale, when the game was at 50% discount. By now, everyone knows that MNO isn't worth $80 and not even $40. Folks aren't even willing to spend $20 for the Northern Inferno
    debacle. So, the MNO developers tried to find a price point for a few more suckers. They think that $3 is that price and will try to catch a few more victims by dragging the bottom of the lake.

I predict that they will release a bunch of these silly $3 DLC and then try to package all the scens, NI, and game together for a 'special' price of $40.

Instead of just making the game fun and playable, they constantly try to find new rip-off schemes.
    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From hermanhum@hotmail.com@21:1/5 to herm...@hotmail.com on Wed Jul 27 17:44:54 2016
    On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 8:22:51 PM UTC-6, herm...@hotmail.com wrote:
    I'm just letting everyone know just how low the quality and value are.

These MNO clowns provide the perfect punctuation for their abysmal quality control. _So far_ they need *THREE* 'service pack' updates to fix all the errors found within a **SINGLE** DLC scenario. Un-freaking-believable.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4124561
    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From hermanhum@hotmail.com@21:1/5 to herm...@hotmail.com on Thu Jul 28 01:16:21 2016
    On Tuesday, July 19, 2016 at 11:21:37 PM UTC-6, herm...@hotmail.com wrote:
    $3 for a single scenario? What a joke.

I take it back. This game IS worth $3
    ...for the comedic value alone.

Syrians run out of fuel:
    "they fly to the oil fields east of Aleppo and then they crash."

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4124935

Looks like SP4 will be on the way soon.
    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05