• Xerox 6085-2 to VGA display adapter...

From tmfdmike@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Gregory Casamento on Mon Apr 24 19:58:27 2017
    On Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 10:03:01 PM UTC+12, Gregory Casamento wrote:
    The VGA adapter was a total fail. I thought of using an FPGA for a while.

Just as some more progress. I have decided to wimp out to some degree and use a Raspberry Pi to do this. It occurred to me the other night that in order to do this I would need to have an FPGA which has access to memory and, in order to do this, it
    would need RAM and a RAM bus. So the more I delved into it, the more I realized that I would need a full computer. So the GPIO and Raspberry Pi seem to be the best solution to this issue.

I hope you don't mind me keeping you updated on this.

I'd be interested in any updates on this. I have a couple of Extron interfaces (RGB 118 plus) and I'm about to get started on trying to get my 6085s working with more modern displays. Any progress on your end?

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Sean Frazier@21:1/5 to tmfd...@gmail.com on Sat Jul 9 16:52:50 2022
    I know this thread is a few years old but has anyone been able to create a monitor/video adapter for the 6085 to a more modern display (VGA)?

thx.

- sean

On Monday, April 24, 2017 at 7:58:28 PM UTC-7, tmfd...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 10:03:01 PM UTC+12, Gregory Casamento wrote:
    The VGA adapter was a total fail. I thought of using an FPGA for a while.

Just as some more progress. I have decided to wimp out to some degree and use a Raspberry Pi to do this. It occurred to me the other night that in order to do this I would need to have an FPGA which has access to memory and, in order to do this, it
    would need RAM and a RAM bus. So the more I delved into it, the more I realized that I would need a full computer. So the GPIO and Raspberry Pi seem to be the best solution to this issue.

I'd be interested in any updates on this. I have a couple of Extron interfaces (RGB 118 plus) and I'm about to get started on trying to get my 6085s working with more modern displays. Any progress on your end?

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BF Soluzioni@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 23 12:08:25 2022
    Il 10/07/2022 01:52, Sean Frazier ha scritto:
    I know this thread is a few years old but has anyone been able to create a monitor/video adapter for the 6085 to a more modern display (VGA)?

thx.

- sean

On Monday, April 24, 2017 at 7:58:28 PM UTC-7, tmfd...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 10:03:01 PM UTC+12, Gregory Casamento wrote: >>> The VGA adapter was a total fail. I thought of using an FPGA for a while. >>>

Mike

enable the vnc service and connect to the 6082 by vnc client.
    You will see all the menu in your pc and if you set the port farwarding,
    you can control it from anywhere.

--
    Questa email รจ stata esaminata alla ricerca di virus dal software antivirus Avast.
    www.avast.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Al Kossow@21:1/5 to BF Soluzioni on Fri Sep 23 15:06:07 2022
    On 9/23/22 3:08 AM, BF Soluzioni wrote:

enable the vnc service and connect to the 6082 by vnc client

6082 != 6085 (at all...)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05