• How to create Solaris 11 install server with only solaris 10 systems ru

From Daniel Wetzler@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 5 22:40:54 2017
    Dear Sun-Experts,

I would like to switch the Solris 10 installation of a Sparc based hardware (T5240) to Solaris 11. My problem : I don't have a functional DVD drive so I would like to boot via network.
    My second problem is that all the other machines only have Solaris 10 installed.
    As far as I investigated it is only possible to set up an Solaris 11 install server if you have already Solaris 11 installed.
    A classical hen - egg problem...
    Is there a possibility to set up a Solaris 11 install server on a Solaris 10 system ?
    Are there any manuals available ?

I would be glad about any hints.

Best regards,

Daniel

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Andreas Fenner@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 11 18:15:53 2017
    Am 06.04.2017 um 07:40 schrieb Daniel Wetzler:
    Dear Sun-Experts,

I would like to switch the Solris 10 installation of a Sparc based hardware (T5240) to Solaris 11. My problem : I don't have a functional DVD drive so I would like to boot via network.
    My second problem is that all the other machines only have Solaris 10 installed.
    As far as I investigated it is only possible to set up an Solaris 11 install server if you have already Solaris 11 installed.
    A classical hen - egg problem...
    Is there a possibility to set up a Solaris 11 install server on a Solaris 10 system ?
    Are there any manuals available ?

I would be glad about any hints.

Best regards,

Daniel

Connect to the ILO Interface from your T5240 from a PC. Start there the Console-Applikation, mount a Solaris-11-ISO-Image located on your PC.

Then you can boot Solaris-11.

Hope that helps.

Andreas

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)