• WTB FD510/FD502 Fan

From Tom Lake@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 26 09:06:07 2019
    When Radio Shack techs added a second disk drive to the FD501 or FD502 disk drive case (for CoCo), they also installed a tiny fan on a special bracket that fit perfectly in the limited space. I'd like to add one of those to my FD501. I could use any
    small fan but I'm trying to restore a historical system using original Radio Shack parts. If you have the fan motor with bracket, and the fan with the two hex set screws or a non-working FD501 or FD502 that either came with or was upgraded to two drives
    by Radio Shack and you'd be willing to sell it, please let me know!

I'd also buy a complete Secondary Disk Drive Kit (part no. 26-3132) that included a floppy drive, fan motor assembly with bracket, fan (with two hex screws), and additional screws

Thanks!

Tom L

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From neilsmorr@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Tom Lake on Sun Apr 28 13:13:35 2019
    On Friday, April 26, 2019 at 9:06:08 AM UTC-7, Tom Lake wrote:
    When Radio Shack techs added a second disk drive to the FD501 or FD502 disk drive case (for CoCo), they also installed a tiny fan on a special bracket that fit perfectly in the limited space. I'd like to add one of those to my FD501. I could use any
    small fan but I'm trying to restore a historical system using original Radio Shack parts.

Given the quality control seen all too often, you'd be better off sticking to a modern encased fan IMO.

Neil

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)