• Tandy Sensation ... What is it ?

From brianleebusse@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 3 12:08:04 2018
    On Sunday, July 16, 1995 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Dsand101 wrote:
    If you are able to get your CD drive from DOS, from the D: prompt enter
    the number 1 (one). It is a batch file to copy the disk mirror from the
    CD to the hard drive. It will not, if you already have dirs and subs created, erase anything you have, however it might replace something with
    the same name. You may have to do some tweaking with grps and inis, so I advise: be patient, back off all important files, and reformat your HD
    before you start. BTW, if you don't (as it sounds) have a Sensation! boot disk, copy off your CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT files. You won't get your
    CD without them.
    I have done this a hundred times; invariably someone would alter (read:screw up) their system, and come to me to bail them out. No
    problem.

You've got questions, we've got...oh, skip it.

Dan Sanders,
    Radio Shack 01-8416
    Tulsa OK
    DISCLAIMER: I and Radio Shack do not always get along, so do not assume my opinion is theirs, for it more than likely isn't.

Dan,

I just thought i'd check with you to see if you or anyone you know still had the original floppy disk that came with the Sensation model 1. I still have mine (purchased new) from when i was 12 years old and i still have everything that came with it
    except for the floppy disk, as mine was corrupted. The floppy disk, being the one you're supposed to use to recover the system in the event it was necessary. Back in 1994 i had a need to and quickly found out the floppy disk was corrupt so i ended up
    having to send my Sensation back to Tandy and have them reload the hard drive for me and send it back. I unfortunately didn't ask them to create me a new floppy disk. I just saw this very old e-mail thread and thought i'd ask if you held on to
    anything from way back then.

I have the Data disc, System disc, all the books, etc... but i tossed that corrupted floppy disk and wanted it for nostalgia purposes :)

Thanks (and sorry to revive something so old).

Brian

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)