• Tandy 1000 HX External Floppy HELP

From 2600rabbit@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Aug 13 08:17:32 2018
    I have recently purchased two 5.25 floppy drives for my 1000 HX. I ran the setup program and made sure that the external drive was on. However when I boot up and go into DOS, both A:/ and B:/ are my single internal 3.5 drive. If I select "Boot from
    External Drive" on the menu, it does interact with the 5.25 drive and looks for some type of bootable media, which I don't have. Please help! I don't know how to interact with the external 5.25 drive. Thanks.

AC

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From blackepyon01@gmail.com@21:1/5 to 2600r...@gmail.com on Mon Jul 22 19:10:16 2019
    On Monday, 13 August 2018 08:17:35 UTC-7, 2600r...@gmail.com wrote:
    I have recently purchased two 5.25 floppy drives for my 1000 HX. I ran the setup program and made sure that the external drive was on. However when I boot up and go into DOS, both A:/ and B:/ are my single internal 3.5 drive. If I select "Boot from
    External Drive" on the menu, it does interact with the 5.25 drive and looks for some type of bootable media, which I don't have. Please help! I don't know how to interact with the external 5.25 drive. Thanks.

AC

I'd like to find one of those Tandy 1000 external floppy drives for my collection, but they're ridiculously expensive whenever they show up. Fortunately, the pinout is available in the technical manual if anybody feels adventurous enough to try
    connecting an external drive without the Tandy enclosure.

The Tandy 1000HX supported up to 3 floppy drives. In the schematics, the DS0 and DS2 signals route to the internal floppy header, and the DS1 signal routs to the external header, so all three drives should be accessible independently. If you only have
    one internal drive, the external ought to show up as either A or B, depending on which you have setup as the boot drive in SETUPHX. If you have both internal 3.5" drives installed, then one of the three drives ought to show up as C drive.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)