• New program available to convert and play Deskmate Music .SNG files

From WB2@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 19 08:33:22 2015
    On Thursday, December 14, 2006 at 11:22:22 PM UTC-5, WB wrote:
    I have created a new program to convert Deskmate Music .SNG files
    to .HDS text format which can then be played by my Instrument simulator/player (see link below) through your soundcard, using rich grand piano, or 127 other instruments. Hey, I'm a big fan of Tandy's 3-voice sound, but it's no match for today's Soundcard Midi capabilities. You
    really should hear these songs after they're converted, including the original classical pieces that were included with Deskmate:

Update 08/19/15: I've released a new version of MidiMapper. Version 6.49 increases the allowable range for the Note Off/Note On delay and adds the option to randomize the delay between notes within the range you select. This can add a more human or
    gospel feel to the music. Read the help docs for details. Also, some earlier distributions left some instruments out of some songs. These have been fixed. They are: The flute in El Condor Pasa, string ensemble in Moon River, and recorder in Windy.
    Also, I've added a better explanation about how to add cc's to the .hds file to create effects such as reverb, sustain, chorus, volume, pan, balance, etc, and a list of cc's that most soundcards respond to. Also, I've fixed the 'Load and Play Multiple
    Songs' dialog to play the chosen songs in the same order as they're listed in the 'File Open' dialog, instead of in pseudorandom order as was the case before. Also, I fixed the guitar fretboard mapping. Previously, notes were fretted 1 octave too high.
    Also, I added a better explanation of the 'Ticks per Quarter note' field in the 'Save to .mid file' dialog.

---------------
    baldwinwh (at) netscape (dot) net
    Multi-instrument simulator/composer:
    http://whb.comli.com/Midi/MyMidiPlayer.htm
    Deskmate Music .SNG to text format converter and player: http://whb.comli.com/Midi/MyMidiPlayer.htm#DM_Music

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Kelli Halliburton@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 13 07:57:59 2015
    Wow, 9 years later! Now THAT is a follow-up.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jbaker@flashpulse.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Dec 20 08:37:39 2017
    On Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 10:33:23 AM UTC-5, WB2 wrote:
    On Thursday, December 14, 2006 at 11:22:22 PM UTC-5, WB wrote:
    I have created a new program to convert Deskmate Music .SNG files
    to .HDS text format which can then be played by my Instrument simulator/player (see link below) through your soundcard, using rich grand piano, or 127 other instruments. Hey, I'm a big fan of Tandy's 3-voice sound, but it's no match for today's Soundcard Midi capabilities. You really should hear these songs after they're converted, including the original classical pieces that were included with Deskmate:

Update 08/19/15: I've released a new version of MidiMapper. Version 6.49 increases the allowable range for the Note Off/Note On delay and adds the option to randomize the delay between notes within the range you select. This can add a more human or
    gospel feel to the music. Read the help docs for details. Also, some earlier distributions left some instruments out of some songs. These have been fixed. They are: The flute in El Condor Pasa, string ensemble in Moon River, and recorder in Windy.
    Also, I've added a better explanation about how to add cc's to the .hds file to create effects such as reverb, sustain, chorus, volume, pan, balance, etc, and a list of cc's that most soundcards respond to. Also, I've fixed the 'Load and Play Multiple
    Songs' dialog to play the chosen songs in the same order as they're listed in the 'File Open' dialog, instead of in pseudorandom order as was the case before. Also, I fixed the guitar fretboard mapping. Previously, notes were fretted 1 octave too high.
    Also, I added a better explanation of the 'Ticks per Quarter note' field in the 'Save to .mid file' dialog.

---------------
    baldwinwh (at) netscape (dot) net
    Multi-instrument simulator/composer: http://whb.comli.com/Midi/MyMidiPlayer.htm
    Deskmate Music .SNG to text format converter and player: http://whb.comli.com/Midi/MyMidiPlayer.htm#DM_Music

Is there a new website or download link for MidiMapper and your sng to hds app? Thought I would try wayback machine but they don't have any of your apps backed up. Thanks!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jim@21:1/5 to jba...@flashpulse.com on Thu Dec 21 16:52:23 2017
    On Wednesday, 20 December 2017 08:37:40 UTC-8, jba...@flashpulse.com wrote:

Is there a new website or download link for MidiMapper and your sng to hds app? Thought I would try wayback machine but they don't have any of your apps backed up. Thanks!

There's always https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Tandy1000/info

if all else fails.

J

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05