• Python 2.7 on Stratus VOS

From DankPank@21:1/5 to All on Thu Dec 12 06:42:33 2019
    Hello,

is anyone using python on Stratus VOS? I'm rying to do that with some positive result, but there is no documentation from Stratus Technolofgies about ths issue, or better, I didn't find it. There are some docs about gnu_tools but nothing about python. Is
    someone develping code in pythone likeme on Stratus ?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From paulg1973@icloud.com@21:1/5 to DankPank on Fri Dec 13 07:30:29 2019
    On Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 9:42:34 AM UTC-5, DankPank wrote:
    Hello,

is anyone using python on Stratus VOS? I'm trying to do that with some positive result, but there is no documentation from Stratus Technologies about this issue, or better, I didn't find it. There are some docs about gnu_tools but nothing about python.
    Is someone developing code in python like me on Stratus ?

Hi Danielle, the VOS port of Python uses version 2.7.9. You should be able to use the standard Python documentation for that version. Take a look at https:/docs.python.org and click on the menu for version 2.7 on the left-hand side of the page.

Most VOS customers have a support contract which covers the GNU Tools product. If your employer pays for support, then you can call the Stratus Customer Assistance center and get questions like this answered for free. While we are't experts on Python, we
    can at least point you in the right direction.

Thanks
    Paul Green

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)