• Re: Bethesda/Sir-Tech-What a joke

From Une Mangouste@21:1/5 to All on Mon Dec 13 09:21:53 2021
    sorry for the late answer but yeah, I 100% agree with that.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Force Ghost Yoda@21:1/5 to Une Mangouste on Mon Dec 13 13:11:45 2021
    On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 12:21:54 PM UTC-5, Une Mangouste wrote:
    sorry for the late answer but yeah, I 100% agree with that.
    Holy shit this is a literal time capsule

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From T987654321@21:1/5 to Rollo the Talking Dragon on Fri Dec 17 10:32:14 2021
    On Wednesday, July 23, 1997 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Rollo the Talking Dragon wrote:
    I just saw a list of games that Bethesda previewed at E3. They are
    releasing two games set in the Elder Scrolls world. Neither of them are
    RPGs. One is an adventure and the other is an Action/Rpg. This is a joke. They hit big with a CRPG, so instead of working on a sequel to Daggerfall, they go adventure/action on us!
    Sir-tech is even a bigger joke. They have a huge line up of games coming
    out and none of the are CRPGS. Some of these titles are really laughable as well.They claim that WIZ 8 wont be ready till the fourth quarter of 1998. Considering that Wizardry built that company, you think that it would be a higher priority.
    <=========Rollo the Talking Dragon=========>
    <<UDIC>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
    Fred Quattrone, Reviewer for The Koffin Online E-Zine
    ^^^^For the Best in METAL,GRIND-CORE,DEATH,BLACK METAL^^^^
    CHECK OUT THE KOFFIN ONLINE ZINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://members.aol.com/thekoffin/home/koffin.htm ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------
    Fred Quattrone, Reviewer for Games Domain Review, Travellers Inn http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview

Funny, I think of Oblivion and Skyrim much ore action-adventure games than rpgs.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Walter Farias@21:1/5 to All on Mon Dec 27 13:33:05 2021
    El Wednesday, July 23, 1997 a la(s) 4:00:00 AM UTC-3, Todd Howard escribió:
    If you think we're abonding RPGs you're as dumb as you think we are. (I wonder if that sounds right? g)
    Bethesda is not abdonding RPGs. TES3 is coming..it's just a long way
    off. REDGUARD may not be an RPG, but I garuantee it will have loads of features that you'll want to see in future TES'. Full 3D characters,
    with real personalities and things they do. Hand crafted landscapes with
    real things to go out and find. No random, wish you were really doing something important, wish people would say "hi" world in REDGUARD. And
    it's not a pure "adventure". It is a complete hybrid. It's actually structured a lot like an Ultima and is very very open. What does a real fantasy town feel like and what is it like to run right out of it and
    climb into the mountains and stumble upon some dwarven ruins? You'll see
    in REDGUARD. This is one experience that Daggerfall (imho) was missing.
    Todd Howard
    Project Leader REDGUARD
    Bethesda

Based

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Walter Farias@21:1/5 to All on Mon Dec 27 13:31:28 2021
    If you think we're abonding RPGs you're as dumb as you think we are. (I wonder if that sounds right? g)
    off. REDGUARD may not be an RPG, but I garuantee it will have loads of features that you'll want to see in future TES'. Full 3D characters,
    with real personalities and things they do. Hand crafted landscapes with
    real things to go out and find. No random, wish you were really doing something important, wish people would say "hi" world in REDGUARD. And
    it's not a pure "adventure". It is a complete hybrid. It's actually structured a lot like an Ultima and is very very open. What does a real fantasy town feel like and what is it like to run right out of it and
    climb into the mountains and stumble upon some dwarven ruins? You'll see
    in REDGUARD. This is one experience that Daggerfall (imho) was missing.
    Todd Howard
    Project Leader REDGUARD
    Bethesda

Based Chad howard

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From vladimir.rodionov@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Walter Farias on Wed Dec 29 03:51:04 2021
    On Tuesday, December 28, 2021 at 5:33:07 AM UTC+8, Walter Farias wrote:
    with real personalities and things they do. Hand crafted landscapes with real things to go out and find. No random, wish you were really doing something important, wish people would say "hi" world in REDGUARD. And it's not a pure "adventure". It is a complete hybrid. It's actually structured a lot like an Ultima and is very very open. What does a real fantasy town feel like and what is it like to run right out of it and climb into the mountains and stumble upon some dwarven ruins? You'll see in REDGUARD. This is one experience that Daggerfall (imho) was missing. Todd Howard
    Project Leader REDGUARD
    Bethesda f

Based

Just from thisTod's reply we can see that already in mid-to-late 90s Pathesda lost interested in making CRPGs with STORIES and LORE and actual ROLE PLAYING. All they really want is to make open world theme parks where you "run out" and immediately
    stumble into some location. God forbid the player has to spend more than 5 minutes walking or doing something else. I wish they'd stopped making games after Daggerfall. They completely rui9one their legacy.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05