Webinar: Academic Services: Best Practices and Gaps
November 17th at 2 pm CST
Greetings from the Journal of International Students!
I am writing to send you this gentle reminder about our webinar on international students on November 17th at 2 pm CST.
Our panel of speakers includes:
Dr. Amir Alakaam, University of North Dakota
Mr. Emmanuel Akanwa, Central Michigan University
Dr. Joanna Al-Youssef, University of Nottingham
Dr. Swathi Ravichandran, Kent State University
Dr. Nara Martirosyan, Sam Houston State University
Dr. Tara Madden-Dent, Sierra Nevada College
Theme: Academic services: Best practices and gaps
Our speakers will focus on the following three main questions:
1. What types of academic support services are working well to address the needs and challenges of international students?
2. What social and curricular resources are missing to assist international students with transition into the US higher education?
3. What support services do you recommend to the offices of international programs?
4. How might the changed political/national climate affect support for this student body, and what can we do to counter any adverse challenges?
We have promoted the event fairly broadly and are expecting a good audience. November 17, 2016 at 2:00 CST.
1. Webinar Series on International Students
2. Special Issue on International Student Success (Published)
3. Spring 2017 Edition in Final Preparation
4. Positions Opened for Reviewers & Consulting Editors
5. Call for Manuscripts -Special Issue on the Role of Student Affairs
6. Journal Indexed/Listed With Major Databases