• Re: Survey on how software engineers search for architectural informati

From Julio Di Egidio@21:1/5 to mja...@gmail.com on Wed Sep 29 08:33:43 2021
    On Tuesday, 28 September 2021 at 04:45:25 UTC+2, mja...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello Everyone ,
    I would like to ask for your support. I am a PhD student working on software architecture. I am currently exploring how developers search for architectural information in software development. I conduct a survey to investigate how architectural
    information is searched, how the usefulness of retrieved architectural information is assessed, etc., to support development tasks, and the challenges developers face. This questionnaire will take about 5-10 minutes. All the responses will be anonymized
    and we will not share your personal information with anyone else. The results of the survey will be shared with all the participants via the email addresses recorded. To do this, we need YOUR opinion! The survey is at: https://tinyurl.com/searchai
    Thank you for your participation!
    Kind regards,
    Musenga Jean de Dieu
    Wuhan University

Architecture as a separate discipline, in fact architecture uber alles, i.e as the queen of technical activities, was invented by the vendors a couple of decades ago and, of course, it's all about tools and tooling: so you look up your preferred vendor's
    documentation and that's software architecture nowadays, and the royal disasters...

Julio

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Julio Di Egidio@21:1/5 to Julio Di Egidio on Sat Oct 2 01:37:37 2021
    On Wednesday, 29 September 2021 at 17:33:45 UTC+2, Julio Di Egidio wrote:
    On Tuesday, 28 September 2021 at 04:45:25 UTC+2, mja...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello Everyone ,
    I would like to ask for your support. I am a PhD student working on software architecture. I am currently exploring how developers search for architectural information in software development. I conduct a survey to investigate how architectural
    information is searched, how the usefulness of retrieved architectural information is assessed, etc., to support development tasks, and the challenges developers face. This questionnaire will take about 5-10 minutes. All the responses will be anonymized
    and we will not share your personal information with anyone else. The results of the survey will be shared with all the participants via the email addresses recorded. To do this, we need YOUR opinion! The survey is at: https://tinyurl.com/searchai

Architecture as a separate discipline, in fact architecture uber alles, i.e as the queen of technical activities, was invented by the vendors a couple of decades ago and, of course, it's all about tools and tooling: so you look up your preferred vendor'
    s documentation and that's software architecture nowadays, and the royal disasters...

The beginner should rather be made aware that "architecture", i.e. technologies and tools, is by far *not* the most critical aspect of a software project...

Your survey even reflects how the industry now conflates architecture and design: so called architectural and design patters belong to software design. The "architecture" you talk about instead was invented by the vendors as the discipline of picking up
    technologies and tools, just pushed to the market to become the queen of technical activities: on a side expunging analysis proper from the technical office (which is by far the major source of low quality and disasters, indeed the original sin and
    chronical frauds of all the fake agility), on the other side subsuming design proper, to conflate it again with some shopping from the vendors' catalogues (i.e. down to the shopping for patters).

The inversion of all that counts! Indeed, that's just a scrap of the horror story that not just the software industry has become.

Julio

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)