• VS2017 won't read generated ACE project file.

From fkaaijk@delftdi.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 5 01:43:14 2018
    I'm trying to build ACE 6.4.6 on VS2107 (v15.7.3) by using mwc.pl to generate the solution file.

perl ..\bin\mwc.pl -type vs2017 -static -relative ACE_ROOT=e:\develop\ace_wrappers

When I open the solution file in e:\develop\ace_wrappers\ace\ace.sln the ACE project won't load.

Message: E:\Develop\ACE_wrappers\ace\ACE.vcxproj : error : Cannot load project with duplicated project items: ..\VERSION is included as 'CustomBuild' and as 'None' item types.

..\VERSION in is the project file twice.

<None Include="..\VERSION">
    <ExcludedFromBuild Condition="'$(Configuration)|$(Platform)'=='Debug|Win32'">true</ExcludedFromBuild>
    <ExcludedFromBuild Condition="'$(Configuration)|$(Platform)'=='Release|Win32'">true</ExcludedFromBuild>
    <ExcludedFromBuild Condition="'$(Configuration)|$(Platform)'=='Debug|x64'">true</ExcludedFromBuild>
    <ExcludedFromBuild Condition="'$(Configuration)|$(Platform)'=='Release|x64'">true</ExcludedFromBuild>
    </None>

<CustomBuild Include="..\VERSION">
    <FileType>Document</FileType>
    <ExcludedFromBuild Condition="'$(Configuration)|$(Platform)'=='Debug|Win32'">true</ExcludedFromBuild>
    <ExcludedFromBuild Condition="'$(Configuration)|$(Platform)'=='Release|Win32'">true</ExcludedFromBuild>
    <ExcludedFromBuild Condition="'$(Configuration)|$(Platform)'=='Debug|x64'">true</ExcludedFromBuild>
    <ExcludedFromBuild Condition="'$(Configuration)|$(Platform)'=='Release|x64'">true</ExcludedFromBuild>
    </CustomBuild>

When removing the change ..\VERSION to VERSION from the CustomBuild. I get: E:\Develop\ACE_wrappers\ace\ACE.vcxproj : error : Cannot load project with duplicated project items: ace_wchar.inl is included as 'ClInclude' and as 'None' item types.

This appears to be related to the VS2017. In the VS2015 (-type vc14) will work just fine.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Johnny Willemsen@21:1/5 to fka...@delftdi.com on Tue Jun 12 09:34:42 2018
    Hi,

We have released today ACE 6.5.0, maybe you can try this release? Also see https://github.com/DOCGroup/MPC/issues/50 for the background details of this issue.

Best regards,

Johnny Willemsen
    Remedy IT
    http://www.remedy.nl

On Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 10:43:16 AM UTC+2, fka...@delftdi.com wrote:
    I'm trying to build ACE 6.4.6 on VS2107 (v15.7.3) by using mwc.pl to generate the solution file.

perl ..\bin\mwc.pl -type vs2017 -static -relative ACE_ROOT=e:\develop\ace_wrappers

When I open the solution file in e:\develop\ace_wrappers\ace\ace.sln the ACE project won't load.

Message: E:\Develop\ACE_wrappers\ace\ACE.vcxproj : error : Cannot load project with duplicated project items: ..\VERSION is included as 'CustomBuild' and as 'None' item types.

</None>

</CustomBuild>

When removing the change ..\VERSION to VERSION from the CustomBuild. I get: E:\Develop\ACE_wrappers\ace\ACE.vcxproj : error : Cannot load project with duplicated project items: ace_wchar.inl is included as 'ClInclude' and as 'None' item types.

This appears to be related to the VS2017. In the VS2015 (-type vc14) will work just fine.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Johnny Willemsen@21:1/5 to Johnny Willemsen on Thu Aug 9 03:45:18 2018
    Hi,

We have released ACE 6.5.1 which contains some more fixes in this area, see https://swsupport.remedy.nl/news/43-ace-6-5-1-and-tao-2-5-1-released for more details.

Johnny

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 6:34:44 PM UTC+2, Johnny Willemsen wrote:
    Hi,

We have released today ACE 6.5.0, maybe you can try this release? Also see https://github.com/DOCGroup/MPC/issues/50 for the background details of this issue.

Best regards,

Johnny Willemsen
    Remedy IT
    http://www.remedy.nl

On Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 10:43:16 AM UTC+2, fka...@delftdi.com wrote:

</None>

</CustomBuild>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05