• Migration guide from ACE 6.0 to 6.4.5?

From Fernando Ramos@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 19 11:38:12 2017
    Hi,

We are in the process of upgrading our application using ACE 6.0 to ACE 6.4.5. I am wondering is there is already a guide on those things that have changed and what the application needs to be aware of.
    So far, our first test using the new library just crashes the application.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Fernando

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Johnny Willemsen@21:1/5 to Fernando Ramos on Wed Sep 20 02:41:37 2017
    Hi,

I would recommend you to start with the NEWS file in the root directory of the package, that contains the major changes.

Best regards,

Johnny Willemsen
    Remedy IT
    http://www.remedy.nl

On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 8:38:14 PM UTC+2, Fernando Ramos wrote:
    Hi,

We are in the process of upgrading our application using ACE 6.0 to ACE 6.4.5.
    I am wondering is there is already a guide on those things that have changed and what the application needs to be aware of.

Fernando

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Andreas Leitgeb@21:1/5 to Fernando Ramos on Wed Sep 20 10:32:07 2017
    Fernando Ramos <fer.35.n@gmail.com> wrote:

Maybe, some data about the crash (OS, signal, maybe stackdump, error messages from logs, crash right on start or mid-run?, deterministic or random? ...) would make it easier to answer/help...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Fernando Ramos@21:1/5 to Johnny Willemsen on Thu Sep 21 13:31:36 2017
    On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 2:41:39 AM UTC-7, Johnny Willemsen wrote:
    Hi,

I would recommend you to start with the NEWS file in the root directory of the package, that contains the major changes.

Best regards,

Johnny Willemsen
    Remedy IT
    http://www.remedy.nl

On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 8:38:14 PM UTC+2, Fernando Ramos wrote:
    Hi,

We are in the process of upgrading our application using ACE 6.0 to ACE 6.4.5.
    I am wondering is there is already a guide on those things that have changed and what the application needs to be aware of.

Fernando

Thanks Johnny. I did not see that before.

One more thing: Trying to build ACE_SSL for Windows. The instructions are:

Set the SSL_ROOT environment variable to the location of the directory containing the OpenSSL inc32 and out32dll directories.
    Add ssl=1 to your MPC $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features or $ACE_ROOT/local.features file.
    At the moment you are using OpenSSL v1.1 or newer also add openssl11=1 to your MPC $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features or $ACE_ROOT/local.features file.
    Re-run MPC to add support for building the ACE_SSL library to your MSVC++ workspaces and projects.
    Open the ACE.sln solution, and refer to the ACE build and installation instructions above for details on creating a config.h configuration header for this platform. Once the config.h file has been created, build the ACE_SSL project.

I see a couple problems there:
    I do not have either $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features or $ACE_ROOT/local.features. I have created a new file $ACE_ROOT/local.features with contents:
    ssl=1
    openssl11=1

How do I run MPC on Windows ? Will this create the ACE_SSL Visual Studio project?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05