• Problem about controlling Pan and tilt of Logitech Orbit webcam

From Didier Delaey@21:1/5 to VINEETH NAIR on Mon Aug 30 08:29:37 2021
    On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 2:24:39 PM UTC+2, VINEETH NAIR wrote:
    On Saturday, August 14, 2010 at 3:44:04 AM UTC+5:30, Edward wrote:
    Hi Adrian,
    Thanks for your reply. However, the camera I have is using mechanical pan/tilt, not digital one. Therefore, it doesn't matter if I zoom or not for controlling the mechanical pan/tilt.
    "Adrian " <em...@not.provided> wrote in message <i44aur$311$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...
    My guess is that you first need to 'zoom' in on the object with your camera before the pan and tilt functions will work. The pan and tilt on a digital camera are achieved by using different parts of the detector chip. If the whole of the detector
    chip is being used for the image (when the camera is zoomed out), there is no empty space left on the edges of the detector to effectively pan and tilt. It is only if you are zoomed in on your object and the image is being displayed on only a part of the
    detector that you can then activate the digital pan and tilt functions.
    Its a really old post but replying for others still referring to this post. In MATLAB when you are changing the pan and tilt values, those are essentially digital properties. Probably there is some other way to control these properties mechanically.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Didier Delaey@21:1/5 to VINEETH NAIR on Mon Aug 30 08:31:28 2021
    On Monday, October 19, 2020 at 2:24:39 PM UTC+2, VINEETH NAIR wrote:
    On Saturday, August 14, 2010 at 3:44:04 AM UTC+5:30, Edward wrote:
    Hi Adrian,
    Thanks for your reply. However, the camera I have is using mechanical pan/tilt, not digital one. Therefore, it doesn't matter if I zoom or not for controlling the mechanical pan/tilt.
    "Adrian " <em...@not.provided> wrote in message <i44aur$311$1...@fred.mathworks.com>...
    My guess is that you first need to 'zoom' in on the object with your camera before the pan and tilt functions will work. The pan and tilt on a digital camera are achieved by using different parts of the detector chip. If the whole of the detector
    chip is being used for the image (when the camera is zoomed out), there is no empty space left on the edges of the detector to effectively pan and tilt. It is only if you are zoomed in on your object and the image is being displayed on only a part of the
    detector that you can then activate the digital pan and tilt functions.
    Its a really old post but replying for others still referring to this post. In MATLAB when you are changing the pan and tilt values, those are essentially digital properties. Probably there is some other way to control these properties mechanically.
    no problem for me with guvcview version 2.0.4 didier.delaey@gmail.com cam orbit sphere logitech

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)