• Two sequences in a single animation side by side

From plutonesque@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Mar 18 09:07:03 2019
    In order to slightly clarify, I want the animation to be a sequence of Array and not an Array of sequences...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From plutonesque@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Mar 18 08:52:12 2019
    Hello,

I would like to animate two sequences side-by-side, the whole plot being a single animation. I do not want two side-by-side animations, but a single animation where each frame shows two side-by-side plots. It should be something like:

T:=4:step:=10:
    A:=[seq(plot(cos(x+t/steps),x=0..1),t=0..T*step)]: B:=[seq(plot(sin(x+t/steps),x=0..1),t=0..T*step)]:
    animate(display(Array([A, B])),insequence=true);

Of course, what's indicated above does not work :( Would you please have an idea?

Thanks!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From plutonesque@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Mar 18 09:13:50 2019
    that is something like:

animate([seq[display(Array([plot(cos(x+t),x=0..1),plot(cos(x+t),x=0..1)]))],t=1..2]);

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From acer@21:1/5 to pluto...@gmail.com on Mon Mar 18 12:20:51 2019
    On Monday, March 18, 2019 at 11:52:13 AM UTC-4, pluto...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello,

I would like to animate two sequences side-by-side, the whole plot being a single animation. I do not want two side-by-side animations, but a single animation where each frame shows two side-by-side plots. It should be something like:

A:=[seq(plot(cos(x+t/steps),x=0..1),t=0..T*step)]: B:=[seq(plot(sin(x+t/steps),x=0..1),t=0..T*step)]:

Of course, what's indicated above does not work :( Would you please have an idea?

Thanks!

Here are the two basic ways:

restart;
    T:=4:
    step:=10:
    numframes:=100:

# 1) Use the plots:-animate command, and delay the evaluation
    # of the extra arguments (until `t` gets numeric values).

plots:-animate(plots:-display,
    ['Array([plot(sin(x+t),x=0..1),
    plot(cos(x+t),x=0..1)])'],
    t=0..T*step, frames=numframes);

# 2) Generate a sequence of them, and then use
    # the plots:-display command with its insequence option

S := [seq(plots:-display(Array([plot(sin(x+t),x=0..1),
    plot(cos(x+t),x=0..1)])),
    t=0..T*step, (T*step-0)/(numframes-1))]:

nops(S); # check we got 100 frames

plots:-display(S, insequence=true);

Using either of those two methods then, upon clicking for focus in the plot area, the play button in the main menubar causes the Array of plots to play together.

I used Maple 2018.2, and if it doesn't work for you then please indicate your version and platform.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From plutonesque@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Mar 18 21:57:54 2019
    Le lundi 18 mars 2019 15:20:52 UTC-4, acer a écrit :
    Hello,

A:=[seq(plot(cos(x+t/steps),x=0..1),t=0..T*step)]: B:=[seq(plot(sin(x+t/steps),x=0..1),t=0..T*step)]: animate(display(Array([A, B])),insequence=true);

Thanks!

Here are the two basic ways:

restart;
    T:=4:
    step:=10:
    numframes:=100:

# 1) Use the plots:-animate command, and delay the evaluation
    # of the extra arguments (until `t` gets numeric values).

plots:-animate(plots:-display,
    ['Array([plot(sin(x+t),x=0..1),
    plot(cos(x+t),x=0..1)])'],
    t=0..T*step, frames=numframes);

# 2) Generate a sequence of them, and then use
    # the plots:-display command with its insequence option

S := [seq(plots:-display(Array([plot(sin(x+t),x=0..1),
    plot(cos(x+t),x=0..1)])),
    t=0..T*step, (T*step-0)/(numframes-1))]:

nops(S); # check we got 100 frames

plots:-display(S, insequence=true);

Using either of those two methods then, upon clicking for focus in the plot area, the play button in the main menubar causes the Array of plots to play together.

I used Maple 2018.2, and if it doesn't work for you then please indicate your version and platform.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will try them later. I am using Maple 16. Sould your code be updated accordingly?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From acer@21:1/5 to pluto...@gmail.com on Mon Mar 18 22:41:52 2019
    Hello,

Thanks!

Both methods also work for me using Maple 16.01.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From plutonesque@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Mar 19 03:51:51 2019
    Le mardi 19 mars 2019 01:41:53 UTC-4, acer a écrit :
    Hello,

A:=[seq(plot(cos(x+t/steps),x=0..1),t=0..T*step)]: B:=[seq(plot(sin(x+t/steps),x=0..1),t=0..T*step)]: animate(display(Array([A, B])),insequence=true);

Thanks!

Both methods also work for me using Maple 16.01.

yes, your suggestions work in the sense that both sequences play together in Maple. However, I want to export them together in a single gif file. What I see currently is that the two sequences can only be exported separately. I could certainly use
    another piece of software to put the two gif file in a single one. However, if there is a solution in Maple, I would be interested.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dave Linder@21:1/5 to All on Tue Mar 19 04:45:20 2019
    I'm glad that the goal you originally described has been attained.

It always saves effort to describe your full goal up front.

Export of Array plots has only ever worked for a single plot per file.

That's the case no matter which plot driver is used for the export: GUI or kernel.

A single, direct export from Maple would require a kludge (dual-axis, shift and tickmark rejig, etc). There are some limitations: gridlines would need to be on, or off, on both.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From acer@21:1/5 to pluto...@gmail.com on Tue Mar 19 13:31:49 2019
    On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 6:51:52 AM UTC-4, pluto...@gmail.com wrote:

yes, your suggestions work in the sense that both sequences play together in Maple. However, I want to export them together in a single gif file. What I see currently is that the two sequences can only be exported separately. I could certainly use
    another piece of software to put the two gif file in a single one. However, if there is a solution in Maple, I would be interested.

Why don't people state what they *really* want to accomplish at the beginning?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From plutonesque@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Mar 19 17:28:35 2019
    Le mardi 19 mars 2019 16:31:50 UTC-4, acer a écrit :
    On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 6:51:52 AM UTC-4, pluto...@gmail.com wrote:

Why don't people state what they *really* want to accomplish at the beginning?

yes sorry about this. Since I thought it would be possible to have a unique animation of plots arranged in an array, I thought the gif issue would be fixed at the same time and decided to simply my question... :(

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05