• SPSS Version 25 - Overwriting, Changing, and Duplicating Cases

From grace199424@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 7 15:31:28 2019
    Hello Everyone,

Currently, I am using SPSS version 25 for a project with pretty big database where the variables get pretty big. However, I have been encountering some troubles:
    - When creating or enter variable values, some cases would duplicate and overwrite other cases
    - When copy and pasting, unusual characters (such as: w@ d☐@ or ...☐?) would show up and shifts cells within a case
    - When saving, certain case would just disappear or would be modified with unusual characters and shifted cells

If anyone can please help me explain why these errors are occurring and how I would go about fixing them. Thank you!

If it adds to a possible reason, when I tried saving before, sometimes a warning would pop up and say “The attempt to save the data file has failed because the disk is full, an I/O error has occurred, the variable dictionary is invalid, or the task was
    interrupted. IF SAVING OVER AN EXISTING FILE, THAT FILE HAS BEEN LOST.” but this problem no longer seem to exist and I can save each file now but still have troubles especially in copy and pasting.

Thank you!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From ecottrellmartin@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 28 09:53:52 2019
    I had the unusual character issue when I was using an improperly licensed version of SPSS. Hopefully others have better insight though.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)