The 3rd Virtual Machine Meetup (VMM'16) is a venue for discussing the latest research and developments in the area of managed language execution. It will be held on 1st and 2nd of September at the Università della Svizzera italiana (USI), Lugano, Switzerland and is part of the Managed Languages & Runtimes Week 2016 (http://manlang16.inf.usi.ch/, other colocated events are PPPJ'16 and JTRES'16, room Auditorium from 9am - 5pm). We welcome presentations of new research results, experience reports, as well as position statements that can lead to interesting discussions.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Programming language design
- Dynamic and static program analysis
- Compiler construction
- Managed runtime architectures
- Data processing engines
- Distributed execution environments
To participate, please email email@example.com stating your wish to attend, and your name and affiliation as you wish to have them on your name badge. There are limited participant slots due to the constraints of the room, so please register early, and by July 20th the latest.
If you would like to give a presentation, please email Thomas with a title (max. 100 characters) and abstract (max. 400 characters). We may ask for additional information from you before making the program decision. Presentation slots are either 30 minutes (long) or 15 minutes (short)
- Submissions: July 10, 2016
- Author notification: July 17, 2016
- Registration for participation: July 20, 2016
- Virtual machine Meetup: Sep 1st + 2nd 2016 at USI Lugano
- Social Event: Sep 3rd 2016, optional
- Stefan Marr, JKU Linz, Austria
- Matthias Grimmer, JKU Linz, Austria
- Laurence Tratt, King's College London
- Thomas Wuerthinger, Oracle Labs Switzerland
As an optional social event, we will plan this year for Saturday the 3rd of September a trip to the Lake Como - a gorgeous lake in Italy close to Lugano. Please let us know whether you intend to participate for planning purposes.