• GPG Win Decryption Problem

From Anonymous Remailer (austria)@21:1/5 to Anonymous on Thu Nov 26 09:38:54 2015
    XPost: alt.privacy.anon-server, comp.sys.mac.system, alt.security.pgp

In article
    <bd8e689acdfb580eecd23a67cd8288e2@remailer.paranoici.org>
    Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:

I am trying to get GPG4Win to work in Windows 10 with Enigmail in Thunderbird, but when I click on a message for which I have a secret and public key in my keyring, I get a message stating it cannot find the
    secret key. In the log file of Enigmail, I get these results:

gpg: DBG: starting `C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG\gpg-agent.exe' for testing failed: General error
    gpg: can't connect to the agent: Input/output error
    gpg: problem with the agent: No agent running
    gpg: encrypted with 1 passphrase
    gpg: decryption failed: No secret key

It appears that GPG-agent cannot be connected to. I normally have the Pinetry window popup asking me to enter my passphrase, but I am not prompted for my passphrase. In addition, when I manually select Decrypt/Verify from the Enigmail menu, I get no secret found.

In the Preferences section of Enigmail, I have it pointed to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG\gpg2.exe

Any ideas on how I can get this problem resolved? This configuration is working in Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

I hate to be so sarcastic, but if it ain't broke, you ain'ted had tried to fix it.
    If I can't get W7 to install from a backup of my current computer on my next computer,
    I'm going to Linux. Probably will go there anyway. I am sick of MS constantly
    cooperating with the government spies.

Sounds like a mac is more your speed anyway.

waves bye.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)