• Intro to Principles of Dynamic Real-Time Systems -- Group update

From E Douglas Jensen@21:1/5 to All on Sun Apr 23 16:29:29 2017
    I created that group to share my knowledge and experience doing research and development, and encourage group member interaction, on dynamic real-time systems (including, but not limited to, computing systems).

Historically "real-time systems" has been confined to the niche special case of static computing systems, often imprecisely called "hard" real-time.

Dynamic real-time systems are the general case, which include both the special case of static real-time and the various things haphazardly called "soft" real-time. They require principles and practices that are more powerful and sophisticated than those
    for static real-time computing.

I am writing a monograph "Introduction to Fundamental Principles of Dynamic Real-Time Systems." At the same time, I am writing a preview of that book to provide early access to the ideas with condensed extracts, and to make a much abbreviated overview
    available, requiring no formal prerequisites. (The book presumes some exposure to STEM upper level undergraduate algorithm theory, discrete and continuous functions, probability and statistics, etc.)

The current work-in-progress Preview in HTML and a PDF of the 17 April 17 re-write of the Prologue and Chapter 1 are on my LinkedIn profile and Facebook page, and on the Principles of Dynamic Real-Time group.

My Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/edouglas.jensen. My LinkedIn profile is linkedin.com/in/edouglasjensen. My consulting practice web site is time-critical-technologies.com.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)