• Hurricane effecting internet ?

From skybuck2000@hotmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 13 21:03:43 2018
    Some other thoughts that came to mind:

Google Internet Ballon down but I don't think my traffic goes via that.

The only other thing I can think of is that perhaps satelittle or some radio based internet link was affected by the storm's immense power.

This could mean this hurrican has some unknown eletrical properties that I have at least never heard of, though ofcourse in films the communication is bad during a storm.

I now believe what I may have experienced was some radio or satelittle electronic disruption caused by this hurrican... hmmmm...

Perhaps the electro magnetic field of the hurrican was so big it affected a transatlantic cable, interesting hypothesis will post this elsewhere too ;)

Bye,
    Skybuck.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From skybuck2000@hotmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 13 21:00:14 2018
    My internet at home just experienced a really weird half/to full disconnect scenerio it was weird.

I was playing World of Warships, it suddenly disconnected.

Google failed to load properly, secure connection could not be established.

cryptopanic.com failed to load.

www.nu.nl only loaded half of it.

cnn.com did seem to load.

It was really weird.

p2p apps seemed to work ok.

One of the weirdest internet/web behaviours I have seen so far.

It felt like a transatlantic cable got cut for a minute or so.

Could also be a dos, or internet provider slightly at work, but usually it fully disconnects the adapter and such, nothing like that, lease still valid... so it was something very strange and unusual.

Could also be russian spies using the hurricane as an excuse to fiddle with the internet..

or somebody messing with dns or routing tables.

Perhaps some kind of router got hit hard by the hurricane and somehow caused a briefly disruption.

It could also simply be my local computer....

I did notice something slightly weird

Z:6\Windows Live Mail

I have never seen this "6" in a drive designation like that... but I do known windows numbers drives and such. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Could be that my computer got hit by some weird bug/particle from outer space, and now everything is good again lol..

Anybody else experienced a short outage around this time:

http://worldclock.com/

Your Current Local Time And Location
    ... Netherlands Europe
    Querying time server...
    05:5913AM
    Friday, 14 September 2018

What is it with these people ? Can't even display a time correctly gjez...

05:59 AM
    Friday, 14 September 2018

Bye,
    Skybuck.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From skybuck2000@hotmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 13 21:17:19 2018
    My best guess/New hypothesis: coastal internet equipment affected

The hurrican is about to strike the USA's beach... perhaps some coastal internet equipment was briefly affected by this storm's magnetic field, it was weird.

Bye,
    Skybuck.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From skybuck2000@hotmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 13 21:22:11 2018
    I will be a little bit more specific with the "hit" observation. I understood that the outer edges of the hurrican are the most powerfull, this seems to be the case.

At the time of the outages some 20 minutes ago, the edge of this hurrican hit the USA and this was pricely the moment I experienced this internet outage.

So this hurrican could also have affected internet equipment in-land somewhat... since the edge seems to be already over the beach and into the country of the USA.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05