• Windows/Driver bugged on purpose so you must buy expensive routers.

From skybuck2000@hotmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 8 08:42:52 2018
    Microsoft Windows and it's network drivers fail on a regular basis.

Connecting two computers with a simple cable very often FAILS.

The IP assignement FAILS. PINGS FAIL.

This is very clear evidence of a conspiracy to force you to buy expensive IP routers !

Let there be no doubts !

YOU CAN FOOL 99.9% of the idiots on this planet.

BUT YOU CANNOT FOOL ME !

I have seen to many delibrate bugs from Microsoft Windows already !

Bye,
    Skybuck.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From skybuck2000@hotmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 2 07:55:12 2018
    The connection was between a laptop from 2012 or so and dreampc from 2006 updated in 20xx whatever.

I was under the assumption that any UTP cable will work.

But maybe this is not the case.

A possibly hypothesis is that a UTP cross-over cable is needed, but I am very skeptical about this !

Also I can no longer log into my UBEE 320b modem.

Something that is also annoying me about the internet is all these modem versions and badly documented, this is the wireless version... and cannot find a decent manual for it, manual does not even contain a picture to show possible models. I did find one
    manual, maybe it's the correct one but because I cannot enter the cable modem I cannot see if it's the same.

Starting to wonder if I accidently used the cross over cable to connect the pc and cable modem together, but I am pretty sure 100% actually it's a normal UTP cable so that cant be the problem when it comes to this modem.

Meanwhile trying to figure out how to setup dynamic dns via software on pc... spent hours on trying to understand this shit and still not done... so much for simplicity.

Thank you Sylvia for responding. It was your hypothesis that an UTP cross over cable may be needed for reliable operation. I remain skeptical. I see the cable it has red connectors and is lieing in my cabinet unused.

Perhaps the HP laptop is too old to have gigabit ethernet... not sure if my PC has gigabit ethernet... yes it does.

However it has two ethernet port.

It's a winfast socket 939 motherboard. It has a second ethernet port, and I think that ethernet port is only 100 megabit !

This could explain why that port is not working well, or sometimes it might.

However I think I tried to connect via all... and nothing worked.

So I suspect it's some kind of windows software problem. Maybe a route add problem I did long ago... tunggle is also not working.

And visual studio 2017 community installer failed hard, can't even remove the piece of shit... can't reinstall... installer repeatedly fails right at the start... tried everything to remove this cancer of my PC it failed.

I did install it in a virtual machine with windows 10 just to see if it could finally work. The problem is with .NET core so I did not install that.

Funny thing is it truely is cancer. Just for kicks I installed windows 10 updates and visual studio 2017 at the same time and it failed spectacularly...
    Somebody needs to wake up the folks at redmond and tell them about this.

The point is it proves vs2017 is cancer and integrates with windows.

Anyway after this spectacular fail I reinstalled windows 10 again in the VM... and this time took it step by step... copied the VM just in case it would screw up again.

Finally VS 2017 did work somewhat... however it was useless for my purposes... first of all would have to install android sdk or something and second of all it would need GPU pass through drivers to actually test mobile phone apps, which VM workstation 8
    cannot do I think. I dare not install another VM workstation version... I need my old virtualized windows to work if I ever want to access them. So let's consider this my production computer and just cannot risk software company installer fuck ups and
    shit like that.

I do install software occasionally but usually thinks I feel confident about or are small or will not have any impact on the rest or low risk.

Anyway enough about my technical rant ;)

Back to trying out this dynamic dns thing... kinda pissed I can't access my cable modem.

Tried everything:

net masks

Tried resetting the modem with pushing the pin 15 seconds, took for it to reset a couple of minutes.

Pull power on it multiple times.

Changed my adapter settings as described above.

Tried internet explorer, firefox and opera.

I have two explanations for this access failure:

1. Either I somehow fucked it up by setting the cable modem to bridge mode or something crazy and somehow it completely lost the web interface. Or I put it on a different port or ip address but I can't remember, the factory reset should have taken care
    for that ?!?!?!?!?!?

OR

2. ISP and/or UBEE have uploaded firmware to the cable modem and have DISABLED web access and the "stupid fucker" on the phone didn't know about it because the modem is "old". But the fucker did have a screen where he could see that I did have this
    modem ?! So perhaps they did not document that it was disabled ?1

Yes I phoned my ISP something I rather not do... I did ask him explicitly if it was disable and he SAID NO, we usually don't do that.

He also tried to access it remotely and reset it, but he could not do it !

So something strange with this cable modem is going on.

My best guess is it IS LOCKED out but ubee... or something hacked it and destroyed the web interface. I can remember an incident where my cable modem was remotely being resetted... so this is plausible.

It could also be a "cable modem" virus that is going around destroying web interfaces via some kind of software exploit ?!

Anybody ran a virus scanner ever on a cable modem ?! ;)

I am happy with the cable modem though... it has served me well... is quiet/noiseless... no fan to collect dust etc. Did have to get a better adapter with more coil otherwise it would overheat... because of increased internet speeds.

Anyway... it does get a bit hot... but so far so good. The ISP guy did offer me to send me a new cable modem some CONNEXT box or something.

To scare for me for now so I refused... going to try this dynamic dns client and see how that works out.

Anyway thanks for caring... see you around ! ;) :)

Bye,
    Skybuck =D

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)