• Anonymiaztion, Tag 0008,1250.

From Salim Kanoun@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 10 05:53:46 2020
    Hi There,

I wanted some information about the anonymization of 0008,1250 tag.

This type 3 Tag store the seriesUID related to the current dicom https://dicom.innolitics.com/ciods/cr-image/general-series/00081250

Problem, while this tag is a unique key to link an original DICOM, it is not included in the anonymization table defined by the Nema Guideline
    http://dicom.nema.org/medical/dicom/current/output/html/part15.html#table_E.1-1

I would want to know what would be the recommendation for this tag, either Clear or Replace (with the new generated UID).

Is there someone from Nema able to say if this tag will be included in the anonymization list ?

Best regards,

Salim

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From David Rodriguez@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 11 00:59:55 2020
    Hi Salim,

In the DICOM standard part 15 that you mention you can find in section E.1.1 De-Identifier:
    "The Attributes listed in Table E.1-1 for each profile are contained in Standard IODs, or may be contained in Standard Extended IODs. An implementation claiming conformance to an Application Level Confidentiality Profile as a de-identifier shall protect
    or retain all instances of the Attributes listed in Table E.1-1, whether contained in the main dataset or embedded in an Item of a Sequence of Items. "

So you need to apply the actions appropriate for each of the embedded attributes, like Study Instance UID or Series Instance UID in this case.

Notice also the following in the same section: "Some profiles do not allow selective protection of parts of a Sequence of Items. If an Attribute to be protected is contained in a Sequence of Items, the complete Sequence of Items may need to be protected."

Best regards,

David

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Salim Kanoun@21:1/5 to All on Mon Nov 16 09:12:05 2020
    Thanks for you answer, so I understand that we should map the new UIDs this sequences.
    I'm going to see with Orthanc if it is technically feasible, I will require to know what SeriesUID is going to be affected at the beginning of the anonymization process.

Best regards,

Salim

Le mercredi 11 novembre 2020 à 09:59:58 UTC+1, David Rodriguez a écrit :
    Hi Salim,

In the DICOM standard part 15 that you mention you can find in section E.1.1 De-Identifier:
    "The Attributes listed in Table E.1-1 for each profile are contained in Standard IODs, or may be contained in Standard Extended IODs. An implementation claiming conformance to an Application Level Confidentiality Profile as a de-identifier shall
    protect or retain all instances of the Attributes listed in Table E.1-1, whether contained in the main dataset or embedded in an Item of a Sequence of Items. "

So you need to apply the actions appropriate for each of the embedded attributes, like Study Instance UID or Series Instance UID in this case.

Notice also the following in the same section: "Some profiles do not allow selective protection of parts of a Sequence of Items. If an Attribute to be protected is contained in a Sequence of Items, the complete Sequence of Items may need to be
    protected."

Best regards,

David

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From guiothomas@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 17 00:47:24 2020
    Le lundi 16 novembre 2020 à 18:12:13 UTC+1, salim....@gmail.com a écrit :
    Thanks for you answer, so I understand that we should map the new UIDs this sequences.
    I'm going to see with Orthanc if it is technically feasible, I will require to know what SeriesUID is going to be affected at the beginning of the anonymization process.

Best regards,

Salim
    Le mercredi 11 novembre 2020 à 09:59:58 UTC+1, David Rodriguez a écrit :
    Hi Salim,

"The Attributes listed in Table E.1-1 for each profile are contained in Standard IODs, or may be contained in Standard Extended IODs. An implementation claiming conformance to an Application Level Confidentiality Profile as a de-identifier shall
    protect or retain all instances of the Attributes listed in Table E.1-1, whether contained in the main dataset or embedded in an Item of a Sequence of Items. "

Notice also the following in the same section: "Some profiles do not allow selective protection of parts of a Sequence of Items. If an Attribute to be protected is contained in a Sequence of Items, the complete Sequence of Items may need to be
    protected."

Best regards,

David
    One trick we used to avoid keeping track of this mapping is to hash the source uid with the same algorithm and key. and prefix the result with a valid dicom root.
    This way one input uid always gives the same output uid. So if one uid is referred to in multiple instances and multiple tags, all cross references are kept.

KR

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05