• Instance UID

From Anil TA@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 30 02:53:54 2020
    HI Team,

Need a clarification for the below scenario,

Let's say i have a image 'IMG1'.
    I send this IMG1 as Secondary Capture IOD
    If i send the same IMG1 as Microscopic Image IOD, should i use different Instance UID that the one which i used for SC image? because it's different IOD type.

Question is, should i create two instance UID's, one for Secondary Capture IOD and other UID for Microscopic IOD?

Could not find about this in DICOM Standard.

Regards,
    Anil TA

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From David Gobbi@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 30 06:33:04 2020
    An object cannot belong multiple classes, and a SOP Instance UID cannot be associated with multiple IODs. I believe the relevant part of the standard is PS3.5 Chapter 9:

"Unique Identifiers (UIDs) provide the capability to uniquely identify a wide variety of items. They guarantee uniqueness across multiple countries, sites, vendors and equipment. Different classes of objects, instance of objects and information entities
    can be distinguished from one another across the DICOM universe of discourse irrespective of any semantic context."

The takeaway is that "UIDs uniquely identify instances of objects irrespective of any semantic context". The uniqueness must be complete.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gunter zeilinger@21:1/5 to ta.an...@gmail.com on Thu Oct 1 00:26:29 2020
    You also have to put the Microscopic Image in a different Series than the SC image (= different Series Instance UID), because Microscopic Image IOD and SC Image IOD differs also in modules on Series Level, particularly module SC Equipment is only
    included in the SC Image IOD.

On Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 11:53:57 AM UTC+2, ta.an...@gmail.com wrote:
    HI Team,

Need a clarification for the below scenario,

Let's say i have a image 'IMG1'.
    I send this IMG1 as Secondary Capture IOD
    If i send the same IMG1 as Microscopic Image IOD, should i use different Instance UID that the one which i used for SC image? because it's different IOD type.

Question is, should i create two instance UID's, one for Secondary Capture IOD and other UID for Microscopic IOD?

Could not find about this in DICOM Standard.

Regards,
    Anil TA

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05