• Usage of the DICOM logo

From Markus Sabin@21:1/5 to All on Mon Mar 1 23:54:08 2021
    Dear DICOM experts,

today I am coming up with a non-technical question: I have lately been asked if / under which conditions the DICOM logo may be used for marketing purposes. Unfortunately I am unable to find any resources on that.

Thank you very much for your thoughts on this.

Markus

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From guiothomas@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Mar 3 01:39:51 2021
    Le mardi 2 mars 2021 à 08:54:10 UTC+1, marku...@gmail.com a écrit :
    Dear DICOM experts,

today I am coming up with a non-technical question: I have lately been asked if / under which conditions the DICOM logo may be used for marketing purposes. Unfortunately I am unable to find any resources on that.

Thank you very much for your thoughts on this.

Markus
    Hi,

looking at this https://www.nema.org/about/terms-and-conditions
    it looks like the dicom logo is part of the "Works" :
    " All information, text, articles, data, images, or other works of authorship (hereinafter "Works") contained on any page of NEMA's website are copyrighted by the National Electrical Manufacturers Association or a third-party (the "Copyright Holder")."

Use of the "Works" is described in 1.1 :
    1.1 Your use of Copyrighted Works

You may only use, download, or copy the Works found on NEMA's website in compliance with these terms and conditions. Except as provided herein, any reproduction, distribution, or retransmission of any information contained on this site without the prior
    written consent of NEMA is prohibited.

Permission to download and copy any Works, excluding the NEMA logos and the phrase, "Setting Standards for Excellence,"(TM) (see section 3) on NEMA's website is granted, provided that:

The copyright notice on the homepage of NEMA's website appears on the copy or display along with a notice that the Work is reprinted with permission of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association,
    Use or reproduction is for informational or personal use only, and
    No modifications of any Works are made.
    Any permitted copies of the Works must retain the copyright notice, and any other proprietary notices contained in such Works. You must indicate that the Work was copied with permission of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association.
    You may not edit, modify, or make use of the Works without the express, prior written consent of NEMA.
    You may not use any content contained in the Works in any manner that may give false or misleading impression or statement as to NEMA, the Copyright Holder, or any third party referenced in any Work, or which falsely disparages any product made by
    any company, whether or not they are a member of NEMA.
    You may not republish, display, or distribute copyrighted Works without the express written consent of NEMA.
    Nothing on NEMA's website shall be construed as conferring any license under any Copyright Holder's property rights, either expressly or impliedly.
    NEMA may modify the foregoing terms at any time, and NEMA may revoke any of the foregoing rights as well as any use or access authorizations granted to users of this site at any time.

So it looks like you cannot use the dicom logo for marketing purposes

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Markus Sabin@21:1/5 to All on Wed Mar 3 03:11:39 2021
    Thanks a lot for your reply! Yes, I think this is pretty clear, and I agree with your assessment.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05