From Russ Allbery@21:1/5 to All on Mon Aug 30 21:32:59 2021
I'm pleased to announce release 4.3 of kstart.
k5start and krenew are modified versions of kinit which add support for
running as a daemon to maintain a ticket cache, running a command with credentials from a keytab and maintaining a ticket cache until that
command completes, obtaining AFS tokens (via an external aklog) after
obtaining tickets, and creating an AFS PAG for a command. They are
primarily useful in conjunction with long-running jobs; for moving ticket handling code out of servers, cron jobs, or daemons; and to obtain tickets
and AFS tokens with a single command.
Changes from previous release:
Add support for kafs to the -t options of k5start and krenew. If AFS
setpag support is not compiled in or AFS is not available, but the
Linux kafs kernel module is available, do not error out when -t is
specified and continue to run the external program. If libkeyutils is
found at compile time and a command was specified on the command line,
create a new session keyring before running the external command to
isolate its AFS credentials from the calling process. Thanks to Bill
MacAllister, David Howells, and Jeffrey Altman for proposed code and
If the process run by k5start or krenew is killed by a signal, k5start
or krenew now exits with status 128 plus the killing signal rather
than zero. This avoids the caller of k5start or krenew thinking the
command succeeded when it was killed, and matches the return status
behavior of bash. Patch from Aasif Versi.
Use explicit_bzero, where available, to overwrite the memory used for
the user's password when k5start is run with the -s option.
Rename the script to bootstrap from a Git checkout to bootstrap,
matching the emerging consensus in the Autoconf world.
Update to rra-c-util 9.1:
* Fix getgroups error handling in k_haspag replacement.
* Check for a working Kerberos header file during configure.
* Use AS_ECHO in all Autoconf macros for better portability.
* Fix reallocarray portability on NetBSD.
* Stop providing a replacement for a broken snprintf.
* Don't check for krb5-config when using explicit paths.
* Fix new warnings with current versions of GCC and Clang.
* Probe for the warning flags supported by the compiler.
Update to C TAP Harness 4.7:
* Report test failures as left and right instead of wanted and seen.
* Fix string comparisons against NULL pointers.
* Honor C_TAP_SOURCE and C_TAP_BUILD along with SOURCE and BUILD.