• Issue with TCP/UDP connectivity almost nightly

From Nathan@21:1/5 to All on Thu Dec 29 12:22:41 2016
    Hello All, I work for a brand of PBX that uses voice switches VxWorks (I'll leave names out not sure that it advances the conversation). We're having a really odd issue in which overnight some nights we lose application layer and voice connectivity over
    the MPLS. What we know is that we can send a ping or perform a traceroute we re-gain application layer and voice connectivity over the MPLS between VxWorks switches. We never seem to lose connectivity to Windows boxes..

I understand that links can break, the simple question is why (if that's the case) do we not simply regain connectivity when the link becomes avaialable again?

I have submitted this ticket to another Linux forum with lots of lookers, no takers.. We also have an escalations ticket with our PBX vendor and they are looking in to the network but aren't moving that fast.. I really need the answer to the 'why'
    question.. Haaalp? Plz?

Nate

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From medicus.nb@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Nathan on Mon Jan 9 07:43:14 2017
    On Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 3:22:44 PM UTC-5, Nathan wrote:
    Hello All, I work for a brand of PBX that uses voice switches VxWorks (I'll leave names out not sure that it advances the conversation). We're having a really odd issue in which overnight some nights we lose application layer and voice connectivity
    over the MPLS. What we know is that we can send a ping or perform a traceroute we re-gain application layer and voice connectivity over the MPLS between VxWorks switches. We never seem to lose connectivity to Windows boxes..

I understand that links can break, the simple question is why (if that's the case) do we not simply regain connectivity when the link becomes avaialable again?

I have submitted this ticket to another Linux forum with lots of lookers, no takers.. We also have an escalations ticket with our PBX vendor and they are looking in to the network but aren't moving that fast.. I really need the answer to the 'why'
    question.. Haaalp? Plz?

Nate

Just to keep the conversation fresh.. I noticed that I didn't include the additional info that Many Windows/Mail/Web servers never lose connectivity between each other. The only devices that seem to lose connectivity are the VxWorks devices.

We were given a next step of configuring all switch ports that the VxWorks devices are connected to to 100 Mb/Full-Duplex as well as the eth/0 of the VxWorks devices. So far we're status unchanged..

-Nate

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)