• atomic memory operations in vxworks and linux

From harshasc123@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 19 06:51:43 2016
    Hi Everyone. I am porting c/c++ code that is written in linux to vxworks and I'm facing some problems when compiling the code in vxworks. I am making use of c++11 feature std::atomic in linux to perform atomic memory operations. But the code is not
    getting compiled in vxworks since i think vxworks doesn't support c++11 standard. So i want to know is there an alternative to perform atomic memaory read and write on all primitive datatypes(int char float short etc.) that works both in vxworks and
    linux. I'm using vxworks 6.7 and ppcgnu compiler.

Thanks in advance

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Paulito@21:1/5 to harsh...@gmail.com on Thu May 19 15:08:51 2016
    On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 8:51:46 AM UTC-5, harsh...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi Everyone. I am porting c/c++ code that is written in linux to vxworks and I'm facing some problems when compiling the code in vxworks. I am making use of c++11 feature std::atomic in linux to perform atomic memory operations. But the code is not
    getting compiled in vxworks since i think vxworks doesn't support c++11 standard. So i want to know is there an alternative to perform atomic memaory read and write on all primitive datatypes(int char float short etc.) that works both in vxworks and
    linux. I'm using vxworks 6.7 and ppcgnu compiler.

Thanks in advance

"I'm using vxworks 6.7 and ppcgnu compiler."
    Assuming this means you are using GNU rather than the Wind River (nee Diab) compiler on vxWorks: can you use the GNU extensions for atomic memory operations, on both vxWorks and Linux platforms?

- Paulito

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)