• zlib building issue with VxWorks 6.8

From Abhijit Bhopale@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 7 04:14:01 2016
    Hi All,

I am trying to use gzip compression feature on VxWorks 6.8.

VxWorks development guide help give says ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- You can add the gzip compression feature to your system independently of the Wind River Web Server by adding the zlib library files to your project. To do so, add the files from installDir/components/webcli-4.x/target/src/wrn/wm/common/zlib to your
    project.

Then use the -DWITH_ZLIB compiler flag when you build your system. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried it but getting build errors
    ../zlib/zlib_adler32.cpp:21: error: 'z_uLong zlib_z_adler32' redeclared as different kind of symbol
    ../zlib/zlib.h:822: error: previous declaration of 'z_uLong zlib_z_adler32(z_uLong, const z_Bytef*, z_uInt)'
    ../zlib_adler32.cpp:21: error: 'adler' was not declared in this scope ../zlib/zlib_adler32.cpp:21: error: 'buf' was not declared in this scope ../zlib/zlib_adler32.cpp:21: error: 'len' was not declared in this scope ../zlib/zlib_adler32.cpp:25: error: expected unqualified-id before '{' token C:\WindRiver\utilities-1.0\x86-win32\bin\make.exe: *** [libcmw/NonDebug/Objects/libcmw/zlib/zlib_adler32.o] Error 1

The files were with .c extension, changed it to .cpp and I am using C++ compiler to build with extern "C"

Any clue?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)