• Can anyone help me booting vxworks from CF card?

From =?UTF-8?B?5byg5p2w?=@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 16 05:21:01 2018
    I'm a totally newbie for vxworks. I have a task to run vxworks in X86 platform. My vxworks version is 7. I found lot's of information from web, but they are out of time.In workbench I don't know how to create bootloader project,or it doesn't have
    anymore? I need bootrom.bin and vxworks image, also when i try to creat VSB VIP project, I just can't find any x86 BSP, my version should be full contain. I don't what to do now.Anybody can help me? I appreciate so much.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From sandeep singh@21:1/5 to All on Mon Mar 19 14:36:55 2018
    On Friday, 16 March 2018 12:21:05 UTC, 张杰 wrote:
    I'm a totally newbie for vxworks. I have a task to run vxworks in X86 platform. My vxworks version is 7. I found lot's of information from web, but they are out of time.In workbench I don't know how to create bootloader project,or it doesn't have
    anymore? I need bootrom.bin and vxworks image, also when i try to creat VSB VIP project, I just can't find any x86 BSP, my version should be full contain. I don't what to do now.Anybody can help me? I appreciate so much.

Hi,

you need to build a VxWorks Image Project and select the profile BOOT_APP to build your bootloader.
    If the PROFILE_BOOTAPP is not available for selection during the VxWorks BootApp Project creation, it's probably because the VxWorks Source Build chosen previously was SMP. The BootApp requires a Uniprocessor (UP) source build project. Steps are

VxWorks BootApp image is created using a VxWorks Kernel Image project and the PROFILE_BOOTAPP in the Workbench Development Environment as follows:

1. Right click the Project Explorer view and select New > Wind River Workbench
    Project.

2. Select Kernel image from the build type drop-down list.
    Click Next to continue.

3. In the Project name field, enter a name for the project.
    e.g. XXXX.

Leave Create project in workspace selected and click Next to continue.

4. On the Project Setup screen, choose the following settings using the
    drop-down lists:

Based on : a source build project
    Project : XXXXX
    BSP : YOUR BSP
    Toolchain : gnu

NOTE: The VxWorks BootApp requires a Uniprocessor (UP) source build project.

Leave the other Options set to the defaults.

Click Next.

5. Select the PROFILE_BOOTAPP from the Profile drop down list.

6. Click Finish to create the project.

7. Right-click the new project in the Project Explorer and select:

Build > Set Active Build Spec > default_romCompress.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?B?5byg5p2w?=@21:1/5 to All on Sun Apr 1 23:40:22 2018
    在 2018年3月20日星期二 UTC+8上午5:36:58,sandeep singh写道:

Hi,

you need to build a VxWorks Image Project and select the profile BOOT_APP to build your bootloader.
    If the PROFILE_BOOTAPP is not available for selection during the VxWorks BootApp Project creation, it's probably because the VxWorks Source Build chosen previously was SMP. The BootApp requires a Uniprocessor (UP) source build project. Steps are

VxWorks BootApp image is created using a VxWorks Kernel Image project and the
    PROFILE_BOOTAPP in the Workbench Development Environment as follows:

Project.

Click Next to continue.

e.g. XXXX.

drop-down lists:

Click Next.

Thanks so much, now some new question I face. I follow the bsp target.ref and get vxworks_romCompress.bin and vxWorks file, I read that I can use grub to boot them, so I install it on my sdcard, and copy that 2 file to my card, I write grub.cfg as follow:
    set default=0
    set timeout=5
    set root=(hd0,1)
    terminal console
    menuentry "Wind River vxWorks 7" { multiboot (hd0,msdos1)/images/vxWorks sysbootline:gei(0,0)host:vxWorks h=10.10.0.240 e=10.10.0.41:ffffff00 g=10.10.0.1
    u=wruser pw=wruser }
    ////////////////////////////////////////
    also I try to chang multiboot (hd0,msdos1)/images/vxWorks_romCompress.bin ////////////////////////////////
    when i try it on vmware and set sdcard boot, just show grub choose, I click Wind River vxWorks 7 and nothing happened, do you know what's wrong? Thanks

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From like.yan@intel.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 23 01:56:35 2018
    Hi Jie,

Have you got this issue resolved?
    I have got a similar issue, booting stuck at "WARNING: no console will be available to OS"

Thanks,

On Monday, April 2, 2018 at 2:40:25 PM UTC+8, 张杰 wrote:
    在 2018年3月20日星期二 UTC+8上午5:36:58,sandeep singh写道:

Hi,

VxWorks BootApp image is created using a VxWorks Kernel Image project and the
    PROFILE_BOOTAPP in the Workbench Development Environment as follows:

Project.

Click Next to continue.

e.g. XXXX.

drop-down lists:

Click Next.

Thanks so much, now some new question I face. I follow the bsp target.ref and get vxworks_romCompress.bin and vxWorks file, I read that I can use grub to boot them, so I install it on my sdcard, and copy that 2 file to my card, I write grub.cfg as
    follow:
    set default=0
    set timeout=5
    set root=(hd0,1)
    terminal console
    menuentry "Wind River vxWorks 7" { multiboot (hd0,msdos1)/images/vxWorks sysbootline:gei(0,0)host:vxWorks h=10.10.0.240 e=10.10.0.41:ffffff00 g=10.10.0.1
    u=wruser pw=wruser }
    ////////////////////////////////////////
    also I try to chang multiboot (hd0,msdos1)/images/vxWorks_romCompress.bin ////////////////////////////////
    when i try it on vmware and set sdcard boot, just show grub choose, I click Wind River vxWorks 7 and nothing happened, do you know what's wrong? Thanks

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05