• Something wrong with MVME 162-262

From Dung Nguyen@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 21 09:29:08 2017
    HI everyone,

I have one MVME 162-262 board(running Vx Work 5.5), recently it couldn't communicate with the PC host( running Windows XP). I have created one console on PC to monitor booting process( through Serial port), then realize have something abnormal.
    I have setup again some information as boot device, host name, inet .... then restart MVME 162-262 to get MAC address again. The PC regconized MAC addr but this MAC is invalid, it does not like the original MAC addr. Although after the booting process
    with PC look normal but i alway worry about this.
    Another day, I have tried again and this problem still repeated. I think the battery inside chip MT48T08 has reached the end of its useful life. I implemented modifying this chip MT48T08 by replacing one pin CMOS attached outside chip. After that the
    next booting process occur normal.
    Just one more thing i will ask everyone, how to setup or adjust again the original information stored inside chip MT48T08 ? i have run MVME board in debugging mode but every parameters is invalid( see ??????????), MAC addr appears AA:AA:AA:AA:AA:AA.

NHD

Tnks,

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)