• Porting windows application in vxworks

From shpra18@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Oct 12 23:15:01 2016
    Hi all,

I have a Windows application project that is written as per WIN32 APIs that ultimately provides a DLL for the user.

I am planning to port it to Vxworks but I have used Vxworks 10 yrs ago. I have 3 queries regarding this as below.

1.My goal is to port the application into Vxworks replacing the Win32 calls and spawning a task.

2.What environment and toolchain set up is required to build this application in Vxworks.

Does Cygwin Bash tool support this make and build as also the gnumake ? Assuming I don't have any tornado or WRS installed and don't want to buy it at present

3. how will this application be packaged in form of a library( similar to a DLL) that I can provided to user to include/add this library into his device firmware build.

Thanks in advance,

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Vikash Jain@21:1/5 to shp...@gmail.com on Sat Oct 15 21:06:53 2016
    On Thursday, 13 October 2016 11:45:17 UTC+5:30, shp...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi all,

I have a Windows application project that is written as per WIN32 APIs that ultimately provides a DLL for the user.

I am planning to port it to Vxworks but I have used Vxworks 10 yrs ago. I have 3 queries regarding this as below.

1.My goal is to port the application into Vxworks replacing the Win32 calls and spawning a task.

2.What environment and toolchain set up is required to build this application in Vxworks.

Does Cygwin Bash tool support this make and build as also the gnumake ? Assuming I don't have any tornado or WRS installed and don't want to buy it at present

3. how will this application be packaged in form of a library( similar to a DLL) that I can provided to user to include/add this library into his device firmware build.

Thanks in advance,

You would need vxWorks installation in order to build vxWorks image. WRS supports both windows and linux installation now. So you can use cygwin or ubuntu. It supports GNU make and has support for GCC and diab compilers. Toolchain is provided by WRS
    only. Application can be packages as a library same as linux (for eg. libxxx.a).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From shpra18@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Vikash Jain on Tue Oct 18 02:25:00 2016
    On Sunday, 16 October 2016 09:37:09 UTC+5:30, Vikash Jain wrote:
    On Thursday, 13 October 2016 11:45:17 UTC+5:30, shp...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

You would need vxWorks installation in order to build vxWorks image. WRS supports both windows and linux installation now. So you can use cygwin or ubuntu. It supports GNU make and has support for GCC and diab compilers. Toolchain is provided by WRS
    only. Application can be packages as a library same as linux (for eg. libxxx.a).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From shpra18@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 18 02:28:42 2016
    You would need vxWorks installation in order to build vxWorks image. WRS supports both windows and linux installation now. So you can use cygwin or ubuntu. It supports GNU make and has support for GCC and diab compilers. Toolchain is provided by
    WRS only. Application can be packages as a library same as linux (for eg. libxxx.a).

If I understand it rightly, I need the GNU make and build utility that is provided by a Vxworks installation comes for a target specific version like for PPC and so on ..

so to get this toolchain, I need to buy Vxworks tornado IDE? Am I correct?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Vikash Jain@21:1/5 to shp...@gmail.com on Tue Oct 18 21:18:05 2016
    On Tuesday, 18 October 2016 14:58:44 UTC+5:30, shp...@gmail.com wrote:
    You would need vxWorks installation in order to build vxWorks image. WRS supports both windows and linux installation now. So you can use cygwin or ubuntu. It supports GNU make and has support for GCC and diab compilers. Toolchain is provided by
    WRS only. Application can be packages as a library same as linux (for eg. libxxx.a).

If I understand it rightly, I need the GNU make and build utility that is provided by a Vxworks installation comes for a target specific version like for PPC and so on ..

so to get this toolchain, I need to buy Vxworks tornado IDE? Am I correct?

Yes your understanding is correct, you can also try below I haven't tried this but this might work also.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/81D1172E3C28A5E4862575CC0076A230

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05