• OT? TeamViewer throwing "WaitForConnectFailed"

From mdboxberger@gmail.com@21:1/5 to PeteCresswell on Wed May 4 13:26:37 2016
    I too am getting this - rebooted on both ends, no change. Same router, but recently changed location, so will investigate that next.

On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 8:37:42 AM UTC-7, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    I am trying to TeamViewer into somebody's PC who reports that "...my
    computer in the city will not connect to the internet until I restart
    it."

But TeamViewer on my end is showing the PC in it's "My Partners" list as being online.

But when I try to connect, TeamViewer throws: ------------------------------------
    No connection to partner!

Partner did not connect to router.

Error Code: WaitForConnectFailed
    ------------------------------------

Seems like the PC must have "connected to the internet" at some point or TeamViewer would not be showing it as online.

And the user says that things get back to normal with a reboot.

Can anybody suggest some possibilities?
    --
    Pete Cresswell
    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From David@yamhillvalleywoodworks.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 25 10:08:09 2016
    This seems to be a pretty common problem that no one has solved. Upgraded to teamviewer 11 and now get the same error approximately 90% of the time. Pretty frustrating as I have a premium business license and depend on this to access computers remotely.
    Anyone have a solution?
    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sigit.demak@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Aug 27 04:38:03 2016
    I have same problem. any have solution?
    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From georgi071@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 30 06:31:42 2016
    same here ! if anyone can help...

there is something strange going on with TM11 and el capitain.

i get the same message as you all BUT if i try to connect from another wifi place or via my phone i get thought the connection.
    even more strange is the fact that if i try to connect via the windows 7 installation i have setup with parallels from the SAME machine with el capitain mac os, magically the connection goes through

How can this happen? I deleted my connection also in networks and created a new one, the same thing again.

very strange.
    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From honercek@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 22 06:25:20 2016
    I have the same issue. It worked for around two days then can no longer be used..
    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From honercek@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 22 06:26:40 2016
    I have the same issue. It worked for around two days after first installation, then it can no longer be used..
    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From moonpaulie@gmail.com@21:1/5 to PeteCresswell on Thu May 4 14:42:51 2017
    On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 10:37:42 AM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    it."

But TeamViewer on my end is showing the PC in it's "My Partners" list as being online.

But when I try to connect, TeamViewer throws: ------------------------------------

Seems like the PC must have "connected to the internet" at some point or TeamViewer would not be showing it as online.

--
    Pete Cresswell

This may be old but if this a corporate version of teamviewer and you are on a domain don't install through RDP or you will have two team viewer IDs. One with domain\user and PC Name\user . It does create two diff teamviewer IDs for some weird reason.
    And reboot fixes the issue temporarily. Or do not install teamviewer until its on a domain . If no domain it's the PC AV or settings in explorer. But the way it was described that's the issue. hope this helps others which I know have the same issue.
    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From moonpaulie@gmail.com@21:1/5 to PeteCresswell on Thu May 4 14:47:25 2017
    On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 10:37:42 AM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
    it."

--
    Pete Cresswell

Also use a uninstaller to completely remove TeamViewer before trying to reinstall it cause you will probably have the same issue.
    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05